PDA

View Full Version : Weather this coming weekend. Jan 24-25 2013

JustRalph
01-21-2013, 10:39 PM
A couple computer models projected out to Friday-Sat call for 6-10 inches of snow from Virginia up through Boston.......could blow up the race weekend

It's early........but something to watch

JustRalph
01-21-2013, 11:19 PM
http://images.intellicast.com/WxImages/RadarLoop/usa_None_anim.gif

thespaah
01-21-2013, 11:26 PM
A couple computer models projected out to Friday-Sat call for 6-10 inches of snow from Virginia up through Boston.......could blow up the race weekend

It's early........but something to watch
Just read the latest Forecast Discussion out of the NWS New York office.
The models are in agreement with a storm track across the Tennessee Valley into the Mid Atlantic states which should keep the East Coast on the cold side of the storm. Further, the forecasters see the heaviest snow along the coast. This obviously will effect Phila, and NYC.
Not looking good for Aqueduct with this forecast.

JustRalph
01-25-2013, 01:55 AM
Bump

HUSKER55
01-25-2013, 04:07 AM
We were suppposed to get 3 - 6 but the news last night said only 1" and maybe less.

CincyHorseplayer
01-25-2013, 07:15 AM
The game is so erratic in the winter,I don't see how you guys even have the desire to play it.Weather cancellations.About 10 gradations of track condition.Spurious form.Breaks in training.I left it all behind in 2008 and don't miss it!

castaway01
01-25-2013, 07:52 AM
The game is so erratic in the winter,I don't see how you guys even have the desire to play it.Weather cancellations.About 10 gradations of track condition.Spurious form.Breaks in training.I left it all behind in 2008 and don't miss it!

So because it might snow and a track or two in the northeast could cancel tomorrow, we should give up racing?

Believe it or not, it snows during football games sometimes. The NFL appears to have survived this weather tragedy to make a dollar or two.

CincyHorseplayer
01-25-2013, 08:15 AM
So because it might snow and a track or two in the northeast could cancel tomorrow, we should give up racing?

Believe it or not, it snows during football games sometimes. The NFL appears to have survived this weather tragedy to make a dollar or two.

No bet tracks in warmer climes.I rotate tracks throughout the south and west during the winter.Unless you are a glutton for punishment.I don't see the emotional attatchement to tracks that deal with the winter deluge.Especially since it is more often than not the crappier betting product and class of races.I wish I would have done so sooner than the 12 years it took.You'll thank yourself later.

LAP_520
01-25-2013, 09:08 AM
January 25, 2013

Current Conditions
Aqueduct
Updated: 9:00 AM (local time)

https://www.twinspires.com/resources/shared/images/weather/current/07.GIF 17 °F
feels like:5 °F
Cloudy
Hi / Low:26 / 19 °
FHumidity:49%
Wind Speed:12 mph
Wind Direction:NWVisibility:10 Miles
Dew Point:1 °F
Precipitation:0.00 in
Cloud Cover:95%
UV Index:0 (Low)

Today's Forecast

This Afternoon -
Some sun, then turning cloudy and very cold; a coating to an inch of snow late this afternoon.

This Evening -
A little snow this evening, up to 1 in; clouds breaking, cold; storm total snowfall 1-3 inches.

Extended Forecast

SaturdayHi of 27 °F, Low of 20 °FAfternoonPartly sunny, breezy and coldEveningMainly clear
SundayHi of 33 °F, Low of 22 °FAfternoonBreezy with sunshine and patchy cloudsEveningMainly clear

Robert Goren
01-25-2013, 09:09 AM
I hate the cancellations, but love the changes in track conditions. They create bias and when gives me an edge over the data base handicappers. For instance , last Friday at AQU there was a strong early speed bias with a pretty good rail bias. By Saturday, it was a lot weaker and on Sunday it was completely gone. Friday was the day to make money, Saturday and Sunday were days that could have taken it back if you were not alert.

LAP_520
01-25-2013, 09:19 AM
This afternoon, January 25, 2013, at 3:00PM there is a Meeting of The NYRA Reorganization Board of Directors being held at the
Empire State Development Corporation
37th Floor Conference Room
633 Third Avenue
New York, New York 10017

Their outline schedule of the meeting is posted in a link on the NYRA website.

However, under the extreme weather conditions in New York area, they also might comment on the status of Winter racing at Aqueduct.

thespaah
01-25-2013, 10:50 PM
This afternoon, January 25, 2013, at 3:00PM there is a Meeting of The NYRA Reorganization Board of Directors being held at the
Empire State Development Corporation
37th Floor Conference Room
633 Third Avenue
New York, New York 10017

Their outline schedule of the meeting is posted in a link on the NYRA website.

However, under the extreme weather conditions in New York area, they also might comment on the status of Winter racing at Aqueduct.
Looks like it'd going to be a blustery day at The Big A tomorrow...
Official NWS Forecast
SOUTHERN QUEENS-
928 PM EST FRI JAN 25 2013
.SATURDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. HIGHS AROUND 30. NORTHWEST WINDS 10 TO
15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH.

Cholly
01-26-2013, 10:52 AM
Aqueduct track conditions (Fast) for Saturday are posted--think they're running.