PDA

View Full Version : Turn's Quick Capper

turninforhome10
01-21-2013, 09:55 AM
After much work, I present the Quick Capper.
It has 3 columns
Obj- Are facts
Perf- Performance and class ratings
Cum- Pace numbers
The columns are highest is best.

Score- The lower the better
The file is certified virus free and in pdf. format.
Happy Cappin
Today's Card is Parx

turninforhome10
01-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Here is a little tip.
When using the score as a guide here is what I do
1) Determine class of animal.
2) The lower the score the better the horse
3) Take the top score and and add 1.0, this should get contenders for win and exactas
4)If the scores are close and the first score is above 3.4, the race is ripe for longshots.
5) If you find tandems, pick one or the other and usually not both.
6) The cheaper the race, it becomes easier to throw out the top pick.

Columns
1)Take the top score and subtract 10 to get contenders
2) If a horse is tops in more than one category and the race is cheap, they can become a throwout. Evidenced by the favorites so far.
3) If a horse is even through the columns and within 40 % of top score, they become longshots

Will post more later. Following the rules above gave you the 98.00 exacta in race 3

turninforhome10
01-21-2013, 02:05 PM
Until I get the tip sheet figured out and the columns weighed with more data stick to the OBJ, PER and CUM columns. The weighing factors are a bit skewed but are showing that the factors shown are better in different types of races.
CUM(Cumualtive or pace) won the first, PER or performance won the 2nd,
OBJ or facts 2nd pick won the 3rd, 2nd pick for CUM pace won the 4th and as has been happening for cheap maidens the top pick fails to fire.

Robert Fischer
01-21-2013, 02:41 PM
Looks like some good stuff here. Thanks! :ThmbUp:

turninforhome10
01-21-2013, 03:25 PM
A note again to clarify.The tip sheet is not a good tool to play in order. It is a part of my program. Break down the scores and match them by distribution. What you will find is it is best to use the tops, with the middles with the bottoms. So if you have 2 picks three middles and 4 bottoms, use the columns to see where to use them on the ticket. If the top 2 are similar on CUM or Pace the look at OBJ and perfomance to fill out tickets. Think striated.

turninforhome10
01-21-2013, 03:30 PM
Program for Santa Anita
The whole point of the sheets are
1) Decide what is important to the race-Facts , Class or Pace.
2) Use the factors to make exotic tickets.
In the first race it was the best horse at SA but notice the OBJ for the :6:
Longshots are found in the OBJ,
Mid range are found in PER, and CUM
Key horses are found with OBJ and CUM

bob60566
01-21-2013, 03:35 PM
Will follow at San Anita today :)

turninforhome10
01-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Notice in race 2 at SA, although the :3: is the top pick his CUM numbers are low, he is pace vulnerable so that leaves the :1: and :2: . The :2: is top on PER which could indicate he is vulnerable to bounce. When PER and CUM are close together then the horse is usually in form. When the OBJ is high this means the horse is enjoying a man made benefit such as weight break or condition relief ie class.
Learning how to read this can be tough but what it's goal is to determine which factors are important for winners.
Cheaper horses enjoy benefits from OBJ, while better horses keep their PER and CUM numbers longer.
In Races where there are more than 3 horses separated by less than 1.0 on the Ranking Score, these are tougher races. I am finding that when horses are 3.5 and below and only one or 2 horses are within 1.0 and the class is higher these are good horses for singles on multi race wagers.

turninforhome10
01-21-2013, 05:30 PM
SA Race 5
According the sheets the :5: should be used. The :8: and :9: are pace vulnerable. The :7: qualifies on PER and CUM. The :4: and :6: enjoy good OBJ.
So :5: \ :4: :7: :6: \ :8: :9:
This would be the grouping and would be subject to wheeling.

So the :9: was tops in PER
The :7: was top in CUM (pace)
The :5: was an even distribution.
Results :9: / :7: / :5: / :8:
All the horses that did now meet the criteria described earlier were not in the money.
Will try the next one.

turninforhome10
01-21-2013, 06:06 PM
SA Race 6
Contenders per the sheets are
:4: :3: :10:
Secondary
:8: :1: :2:
Longshots
:7: :5:
Throwouts
:6: :9:
The :4: is vulnerable on a high performance and could bounce.
The :3: and :10: are solid on pace
The :1: and :8: could improve
The :5: is on underlay for me based on OBJ and Cum numbers.

Result :1: :9: (so much for throwouts) :3: :10:
Had the wrong longshots. Still in the rough stages but getting closer. Dead heat for third and fourth for two top contenders and the top Per once again fails. The PER is performance and is based on class and speed ratings.

turninforhome10
01-21-2013, 06:26 PM
Another thing that I should throw out there is that the numbers for the columns are percentile rankings based on the all horse that have run at SA since 2007 during the winter meet. So a horse like Beholder carrying a 70+ in the PER category indicates that she is in the top 70% at SA in speed and class.

turninforhome10
01-21-2013, 06:56 PM
What I have found is horses that have the best OBJ and PER must also be high on the Pace. Horses that are high on PER and not clearly better on pace are vulnerable favorites. Same pattern as My Miss Aurelia. See below
Carryover for next racing day at SA?

turninforhome10
01-21-2013, 07:24 PM
In the 8th race at SA, the top number was 4.56. This means the race is wide open as the lower number. So for the 4.56 add 1.0 to get contenders down to 5.56. The :5: and :2: were pace throwouts. The :7: and :10: looked over the top on PER and as I mentioned earlier about a horse that is even through the columns can be a longshot.

turninforhome10
01-21-2013, 07:35 PM
For the 9th race I striated the ticket like this for tandems.

:1: Favorite
:2: :5: :7: Secondary
:9: :10: OBJ Plays
:3: :6: Longshots

My Maiden Module says the play is
:1: :2:
:6: :10:

turninforhome10
01-21-2013, 07:48 PM
Day 1 is over and did learn some things. I still prefer to use a real PP especially with FTS. I will be tuning the pace module a little better and the method is pretty stealthy at sniffing out false favorites. Thanks for reading and will post some more later. This has been fun but I need to get back to making money the old fashioned way.
Thanks for viewing.