PDA

View Full Version : Anti Virus Trojan Alert

Sly7449
01-20-2013, 07:23 PM
Greetings,

I am using System Suite Professional as my Anti Virus Program.

In the past two weeks, I was alerted that System Suite detected and Quarantined two Trojans.

Both of these are associated with the files received from the same Vendor of a very popular Horse Racing Program.

What is the possibility that the Anti Virus Program may be giving a False Alarm?

I attempted to contact the Vendor and his reply to me on two occasions was a simple Blank e-mail.

Recommendations welcomed.

Thanks

Sly

Greyfox
01-20-2013, 10:41 PM
Greetings,

I am using System Suite Professional as my Anti Virus Program.

In the past two weeks, I was alerted that System Suite detected and Quarantined two Trojans.

Both of these are associated with the files received from the same Vendor of a very popular Horse Racing Program.

Recommendations welcomed.

Thanks

Sly

Without compromising the owner of this message board,
is there any way that you could give us a cryptic idea, a hint, as to who
the vendor of that very popular Horse Racing Program might be?

Dave Schwartz
01-20-2013, 10:54 PM
I know you wrote to me but I responded and you said that you were pleased with the response. Are you speaking of another vendor?

Be aware that some anti-virus programs register any "self-extracting unzipper" as a virus, simply because it is an executable. I sent you a self-extracting zip file.

That being said, The file you said contained a virus simply did not. In addition, it was a data file, which, by its very nature, could not possibly contain a virus.

For whatever it is worth, that is all I have to add.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

098poi
01-20-2013, 11:10 PM
If your antivirus tells you the name of the Trojan you can Google it. If it is a real threat there will be many links (use caution) from AV vendors or people who have had it. Google is great for this sort of thing, I have seen fake alerts on Facebook and I Google it and it is usually just that, a fake alert which has been circulating for years.