PDA

View Full Version : tech support question

Bobby
11-04-2001, 01:22 PM
since I can't seem to get a good answer from BRISNET, I thought I would ask you guys. Anyway, everytime I Try to download a BRis exotic results file i have problems. After inputting my password, the first screen that comes up ask if I want to Save to Disk or Open the file. I choose the former. The next screen says "Getting File Information," and this screen never goes away until I hit CAncel. See the attached screen capture if you still don't understand.

Also, I can download other things like DRF files. any ideas? Thanks for your help.

BillW
11-04-2001, 01:31 PM
Bobby,

I can't offer a solution, but as a point of reference, I am using Mozilla/Netscape and both d'loading the DRF text files and the exotic results files follow the same flow. The fact that the flow is different in your case indicates a possible problem with your local software (i.e. the problem doesn't seem to be with BRIS, hence their inability to help :-) )

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Bill W.

Tom
11-04-2001, 03:11 PM
Try selecting the file with the right mouse button-then you get a pop up menue - choose Save Target As.
Select the folder you want and use the default file name. Just hit OK.
Sometimes the Bris file is corrupt and you can never get it at all. They should know that. And if they checked, they would find out.
Tom

thoroughbred
11-08-2001, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Bobby
since I can't seem to get a good answer from BRISNET, I thought I would ask you guys. Anyway, everytime I Try to download a BRis exotic results file i have problems. After inputting my password, the first screen that comes up ask if I want to Save to Disk or Open the file. I choose the former. The next screen says "Getting File Information," and this screen never goes away until I hit CAncel. See the attached screen capture if you still don't understand.

Also, I can download other things like DRF files. any ideas? Thanks for your help.

I may be mistaken, but isn't there a box to check on the screen which gives you the choice to have the download screen go away after the download?

Tom
11-08-2001, 05:22 PM
There is no attachment.
Do you actually get the file and the screen won't go away, or do you never get the file at all?

Tom