PDA

View Full Version : Halliburton--

andicap
02-02-2004, 02:36 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=808&e=2&u=/dowjones/200402020039000029

bill
02-02-2004, 02:41 PM
the two employees cheny and who;)

ljb
02-02-2004, 02:56 PM
andicap,
I urge you to use caution here. PA may deem this a numeric post and JR doesn't like posts that can be read elsewhere. And those that reflect poorly on "The Great One or his entourage" receive special scorn.
;) ljb

andicap
02-02-2004, 09:15 PM
sorry for the double post -- browser problem:o

delayjf
02-03-2004, 11:52 AM
See I told you so, everybody should have sold their homes and invested in Halliburton stock. Can you emagine how many millions Cheny is making on this deal?? If only we could prove it, surely millions of dollars in profits can't be that hard to find.

andicap
02-03-2004, 12:46 PM
OK, I cover the media for a living so I know what I'm talking about (to some extent) here.

People talk about the "liberal" media and I guess they generally mean about socio-cultural issues (like abortion, gay rights, etc.) but in the Halliburton case, the media was its usual self, far from liberal. Not necessarily conservative, but its typical naive, lazy self.

Before the war when I broached the Halliburton theory to network people -- Cheney's war to enrich Halliburton, Bectel and other huge corporations -- they laughed and said it was a loony conspiracy theory, they would never do that.

The mainstream media is not guilty of any ideological biases, but they are incredibly naive and are often unwilling to go beyond what's near the surface in the search for an easy headline that draws readers/ratings.
Conspiracy theories are usually false, but as Johnny Fever said, "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get out."

BillW
02-03-2004, 01:15 PM
Andi,

I assume you have done your homework and realize that this $16 million amounts to approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes of gross revenue for Halliburton?

Bill

PaceAdvantage
02-04-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by ljb
andicap,
I urge you to use caution here. PA may deem this a numeric post and JR doesn't like posts that can be read elsewhere. And those that reflect poorly on "The Great One or his entourage" receive special scorn.
;) ljb

You're actually looking to pick a fight, right? Interesting.....

ljb
02-04-2004, 09:49 AM
Pa,
Just expressing my opinion.

PaceAdvantage
02-04-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by ljb
Pa,
Just expressing my opinion.

Yeah, right.

bill
02-04-2004, 12:29 PM
16 mil a drop in the buckett

thats why they will repay take you offof other charges

gas food etc

Tom
02-04-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by bill
16 mil a drop in the buckett

thats why they will repay take you offof other charges

gas food etc

bill
02-04-2004, 12:51 PM
hey guys

lets yank toms chain we got him stuttering

at loss for words:)

Tom
02-04-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by bill
hey guys

lets yank toms chain we got him stuttering

at loss for words:)

See other thread. 15 is a response and very appropriate.
Yank my chian?
Hehe.
Go try.
I have had my chained yanked by the best out there.
And none of them are this board.
You think a bunch of mysterious handles on an internet forum mean a thing to me?
Hehe.
Yank away.
Let me know when you are done.
:rolleyes:

HAND

ljb
02-04-2004, 10:26 PM
Tom,

Tom
02-04-2004, 10:52 PM
Makes more sense when the number has been defined and it actually pertains to the topic.
If you are throwing out random numbers, you are too early for Super Tuesday.

ljb
02-05-2004, 10:00 AM
Tom,

Secretariat
02-17-2004, 09:38 PM
Latest and greatest on our Halliburton buddies from of all people conservative CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/02/12/halliburton.whistleblowers.ap/

Tom
02-17-2004, 09:45 PM
I can see why the Democratic committee is upset with this information. As a born again liberal, I resent the fact that some private company has the gall to try to bleed dry the very taxpayers WE are already bleeding dry. This is cutting into our abiltiy to waste taxpayers money and I for one will not stand for it.
I am voting for Kerry, to ensure that only elected officials bleed taxpayers, they way it was meant to be.

Secretary of the Treasurey.....Abbie Hoffman?
Oh, it is going to be so glorious!
Kerry is coming!

Secretariat
02-17-2004, 09:50 PM
Good post Tom. Only problem is I think Abbie passed away didn't he? and Jerry Rubin became a conservative in the Lefty mode. Who's left?

ljb
02-17-2004, 09:54 PM
What about that grateful dead singer? Oh no he's dead too.

Tom
02-17-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Secretariat
Good post Tom. Only problem is I think Abbie passed away didn't he? and Jerry Rubin became a conservative in the Lefty mode. Who's left?

Remeber Mayor Daley in Chicago?
The use of dead people by democrates in is not a new idea.
I am just buiding on our roots.
I want to restore our party to its fomer glory years.
We libs have a heritage to be proud of. Why, not only did Daley have dead people vote, but I'll be danged if he didn't get them to vote more that once!
Kerry will restore that democratic ingenuity.
But if you insist on a pulse, then Rennie Davis.
We can swear him in in Lincol Park. Sort of a homecoming.

JustRalph
02-18-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Tom
Remeber Mayor Daley in Chicago?
The use of dead people by democrates in is not a new idea.
I am just buiding on our roots.
I want to restore our party to its fomer glory years.
We libs have a heritage to be proud of. Why, not only did Daley have dead people vote, but I'll be danged if he didn't get them to vote more that once!
Kerry will restore that democratic ingenuity.
But if you insist on a pulse, then Rennie Davis.
We can swear him in in Lincol Park. Sort of a homecoming.

Tom....... Tom......you are the best......buddy......ROTFLMAO!!

ljb
02-18-2004, 12:47 AM
Of course we all know Tom is in his not serious mode. He and Lefty have joined my campaign for the republican nomination this year.
When he starts posting some of my policies and plans for the future you will know he is serious, at least i hope so. Because i am starting to surge in my campaign.
JR have you had a chance to study my platform? You may be an able campaign worker. If interested contact either Lefty or Tom.