PDA

View Full Version : Seattle looks like a buncha clowns.

Stillriledup
01-13-2013, 01:47 PM
I thought this was a decent team, this NFL can fool you sometimes. :(

Robert Fischer
01-13-2013, 02:05 PM
not over yet, but it's close to being over.

Seattle needs a complete turnaround and a change in strategy - or pray for turnovers...

13-7 at half is no big deal

Robert Fischer
01-13-2013, 02:06 PM
Still haven't started running Wilson.

Guess they are saving him for next season. :confused:

redshift1
01-13-2013, 02:31 PM
Quit watching midway through first quarter Seattle looks drugged.

Stillriledup
01-13-2013, 02:36 PM
Quit watching midway through first quarter Seattle looks drugged.

Couldnt agree more. Its like someone put sleeping pills in their morning soup.

Robert Goren
01-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Down to 13 pts with most of the fourth to go.

Robert Goren
01-13-2013, 03:35 PM
down to 6 pts with 9 min left

lamboguy
01-13-2013, 03:37 PM
if Seattle wins this afternoon, they will have no excuse next week because they don't have to fly that far to get to San Francisco.

horses4courses
01-13-2013, 03:42 PM
Seems like Bozo and his pals have switched jerseys...... ;)

Robert Goren
01-13-2013, 04:05 PM
up by 1 with 30 sec to go.

Robert Goren
01-13-2013, 04:12 PM
Falcons kick a FG on the second chance. 8 sec left

Robert Goren
01-13-2013, 04:14 PM
falcons tried to lose, but couldn't.

Robert Fischer
01-13-2013, 04:28 PM
entertaining game :D

cj
01-13-2013, 05:59 PM
This thread is hilarious looking at it now!

Stillriledup
01-13-2013, 07:57 PM
This thread is hilarious looking at it now!

Of course its hilarious, thread's about clowns usually are! :D

Maximillion
01-13-2013, 09:11 PM
In hindsight,to me it looks like the defense of Denver and Seattle may have been(vastly) overated.(at least by me)
If I was told Seattle would score 28 pts I would have loved their chances....but their defense let them down at two crucial times...the end obviously, but the long march first possesion of the 3rd Q after Seattle scored was, in way a momentum killer.

Much of the above can be said about Ravens-Broncos.

judd
01-14-2013, 05:10 AM
I thought this was a decent team, this NFL can fool you sometimes. :(

coach is a jerk, not taking 3 points twice, then he tried to say he didnt call time out late:D

NJ Stinks
01-14-2013, 12:13 PM
coach is a jerk, not taking 3 points twice, then he tried to say he didnt call time out late:D

I read that Carroll was upset that Bryant still took a practice kick after the timeout was called. That (the kick that doesn't count) happens a lot but I guess Pete felt that the refs should have made sure it didn't happen here after the stink about the Ravens kicker practicing kicks on the field in OT Saturday.

Anyway, if what I read is true, Carroll was not arguing about whether or not he asked for the timeout.

redshift1
01-14-2013, 02:34 PM
Only need SF to beat Atlanta now that Texas is eliminated.. avoiding the least compelling SB in history Schaub/Texas vs Ryan/Atlanta.

Stillriledup
01-14-2013, 04:13 PM
Only need SF to beat Atlanta now that Texas is eliminated.. avoiding the least compelling SB in history Schaub/Texas vs Ryan/Atlanta.

The NFL "Gestapo" will make sure New England is in the big game. ;)

cj
01-14-2013, 06:12 PM
I read that Carroll was upset that Bryant still took a practice kick after the timeout was called. That (the kick that doesn't count) happens a lot but I guess Pete felt that the refs should have made sure it didn't happen here after the stink about the Ravens kicker practicing kicks on the field in OT Saturday.

Anyway, if what I read is true, Carroll was not arguing about whether or not he asked for the timeout.

I bet Carroll wishes he hadn't wasted that timeout given that they had the ball in good field position after the kickoff. Without it, a hail mary was the only play. With it, who knows what they might try?

NJ Stinks
01-14-2013, 10:40 PM
I bet Carroll wishes he hadn't wasted that timeout given that they had the ball in good field position after the kickoff. Without it, a hail mary was the only play. With it, who knows what they might try?

Interesting point, CJ.

I heard on Sportscenter last night that kickers miss 4% more often after a timeout has been called to ice the kicker. And home team kickers miss 8% more often. No sense playing those percentages though if there is any chance that you may need the timeout.

Stillriledup
01-16-2013, 07:23 PM
Seattle had first and goal with 34 seconds left in the game and 3 timeouts available. They could have taken a knee on first down, run the clock down to 17 or 18 seconds, called timeout and still had 3 plays to score the go ahead TD with running still an option.

That cost them the game, 30 seconds is too much time for a team only needing a FG in today's game.

horses4courses
01-16-2013, 07:37 PM
Seattle had first and goal with 34 seconds left in the game and 3 timeouts available. They could have taken a knee on first down, run the clock down to 17 or 18 seconds, called timeout and still had 3 plays to score the go ahead TD with running still an option.

That cost them the game, 30 seconds is too much time for a team only needing a FG in today's game.

You can't do that.
Scoring the touchdown takes precedence.
It can't be assumed you will score on the first attempt, or the second.
Way too risky - though it makes sense after the fact.

Stillriledup
01-16-2013, 07:49 PM
You can't do that.
Scoring the touchdown takes precedence.
It can't be assumed you will score on the first attempt, or the second.
Way too risky - though it makes sense after the fact.

Its a tough call, you know? You sacrifice one play to get rid of the clock and have 3 plays left, you're sacrificing 25% of your alloted plays to ensure that you dont get beat on the backdoor. Too many times, teams get beat on the backdoor in today's game.

Stillriledup
02-24-2015, 09:27 PM
The NFL "Gestapo" will make sure New England is in the big game. ;)

You think? :D

Great thread by me btw, i turned the Seahawks into world beaters, a team who should have won back to back SBs (if they werent clowns, they would have!).

Valuist
02-24-2015, 10:11 PM
You think? :D

Great thread by me btw, i turned the Seahawks into world beaters, a team who should have won back to back SBs (if they werent clowns, they would have!).

Arguably, back to back to back. Maybe they wouldn't have beaten Baltimore, who got real sharp two years ago, but IMO they were better than the Niners, and the Niners were more than a FG chalk vs the Ravens.

cj's dad
02-24-2015, 10:39 PM
The Patsies are in a girlie division. If they had to play the Ravens, Steelers and Bengals instead of the Jets, Bills and Dolphins every year x 2 they would be in deep s--t.

Stillriledup
02-24-2015, 11:35 PM
The Patsies are in a girlie division. If they had to play the Ravens, Steelers and Bengals instead of the Jets, Bills and Dolphins every year x 2 they would be in deep s--t.

No doubt. They would be involved in punishing physical games FOUR times a year.....instead, they have a bunch of softies who roll over and "Grant" these guys 12-4 records on an almost yearly basis.