PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Football Guys

sq764
02-02-2004, 12:58 AM
Does anyone actually listen to Michael Irvin talk? This dude has got to be on some drug when he is on that show.

Holy crap, some of the things he says just blow your mind..

JustRalph
02-02-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by sq764
Does anyone actually listen to Michael Irvin talk? This dude has got to be on some drug when he is on that show. Holy crap, some of the things he says just blow your mind..

yeah....and they fired Rush Limbaugh who predicted the Patriots would win it all (at the beginning of the season) and yesterday Warren Moon and a couple of other Black quarterbacks came out and agreed with Rush that the "Black quarterback stories" are media driven and that black QB's have never asked for that type of coverage.

so we get to listen to Mike Irvin and his shameless half ass ebonics.......he was coddled as a drug addict and now he gets typical god like treatment via the sports types in broadcasting.
If America only knew what kind of money these people are earning..........it is shameless. I have another name for Mike Irvin......."Criminal"

Not to mention the inane drivel of Phil Simms. There has got to be a better team of broadcasters somewhere at CBS. Gumble and Simms? come on?

sq764
02-02-2004, 02:13 PM
Hmm, I just thought he was a horrible analyst.. But it appears as if you may dislike him a bit more than I do :-)

cj
02-02-2004, 02:51 PM
I was a fan of Phil Simms as a football player, but he needs to be removed from the airways. This guy butchers the English language. It is downright painful to listen to sometimes.

Valuist
02-02-2004, 04:27 PM
Funny story re: Phil Simms. 2 years ago, at the infamous "Tuck Rule" game, Gumbel and Simms were broadcasting. Somebody threw a snowball and you could actually hear it hit the back of the booth, and almost hit Simms. Gumbel had his head down and wasn't aware of what happened. Simms went ballistic. Then Gumbel is teasing him about it, since he didn't think it happened. They were doing another game about a year later and Gumbel made some off hand remark about "phantom snowballs". I think he still thinks Simms made it up.

Tom
02-02-2004, 11:01 PM
I think Irvin has had one too many balls bounce off his head.:eek: