PDA

View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR FRI. 1/11

MeSlew
01-10-2013, 09:05 PM
Hello All! We welcome Oaklawn Park into the Slew fold as of tomorrow. This is the third track I have added in the last several months. As it will be a good year before the data normalizes, evaluate all horses with care.

For Friday, here are the tracks and races on Slew's mind...such as it is:

Aqueduct - 2
Gulfstream - 5,8,9,10
Santa Anita - 1,3,4,5,6,7
Tampa - 3,7,10
Fairgrounds - 3,4,5,7,8
Oaklawn - 5,9

As for Oaklawn, on day one there are 4 horses listed. I've also included the secondary listing FYI.

http://slewsfasthorses.com/website3/2013-01-11.jpg

I won't be able to handicap these races so I have no comments specific to them, other than to say that Chipshot was a stakes runner a few years ago for Steve Asmussen but fell on hard times after winning the Select at Monmouth back in Aug. of 2011. He ran those 6F in 1:08 and change, and paid the price. Likewise Southern Ocean whose listed race is from June of 2011. Two good examples of why these animals need to be carefully evaluated and not taken at face value, just because they are listed here.

My Man Sumo was claimed out of an August race at Delmar by Cody Autrey and is also co-owned by the conditioner. He is placed back on the dirt where he shows his best form going back to March of 2012 while hanging out near the bottom of the claiming ladder.

Maybe the most legit shot here is Thatlleaveamark who runs for the high percentage Jamie Ness and attracted top jock Centeno for his last two at Tampa, placing behind repeat winner BackwaterBlues and just missing to PotofGold on 12/23.

So enjoy the Friday racing. And as always...good luck and good 'capping!