PDA

View Full Version : Freehold 'Caps 1/10/2013

Teach
01-10-2013, 12:21 PM
Freehold Raceway:

Race One: Two horses catch my eye in the opener: #5 Sky Is The Limit with DeWayne Miller in the bike for trainer Erv Miller. Ignore this lightly-raced 3-year old colt's last. He set out from the outise post and was parked the first quarter; he eventually tucked third and finished fourth. This Artiscape-bred colt now draws mid-pack. If Miller can get him to the top without too much exertion, it should be all over but the shouting"? Another horse to keep an eye on is #6 Ima Giggity Fool. The switch from the trainer to the "Ol' Pro," Cat Manzi, is huge! Can close. Should close. Main threat. #2 Raggs finished third in last. Capable of hitting tote.

Race Two: #3 Beach Street Bogie had little chance in his last in this company. He now moves inside and retains the services of the ever-capable Eric Abbatiello. This lightly-raced Towner's Big Guy-bred horse is in a perfect spot to launch a closing kick and garner all the enchiladas. Other horses to consider are: #7 Luck Goes Around. He finished second last time in this company. Despite outside start, this Camluck-brede gelding is capable of placing his number on the infield tote. Two other horses worthy of note: #1 Keep On Amazin with Joe "Irish" Hanney in the bike. The rail (pylons) should help after two outside starting posts. Also, "The Sleeper," #2 Big Lead. The driver change from the trainer to Cat Manzi is immense. Should not be overlooked.

Race Three: #2 Keystone Fugitive finished second in this company last time from the number-seven starting post; he now moves insides. That should only enhance his chances. Jim Marshall handles trotters very well. #5 Perfection Hall looks like the major threat; he has faced better. Eric Abbatiello in the bike. #7 Zapata needs to stay flat. If this 3-year old gelding can avoid his "dance" lessons, he might just round out a decent tri. "Jackie" Ingrassia is in the bike.

Race Four: #6 JM Gig E Moan gets my tepid nod in this wide-open affair. The "Man from Harvard" - Illinois, that is - Pat Berry retains the drive. He finished third with this mare last time in this company. #4 Four Starz Trop looks like the major danger. The mare drew the outside post in her last. She should be out and gunning for the lead and may be hard to catch. Steve Smith in the bike. Finally, #2 Little Girl Mean did nothing in her last start (she may have needed that one); yet, she shows back class. That says a lot in this relatively weak field.

Race Five: #2 No Money Fun gets my nod. He hasn't shown much lately, but he has faced better down in "The City of Brotherly Love." Might just wake up against these. #1 Spring Fling draws the rail. He did finish third in his last. He should find his number up on the infield tote. Then, there's #4 Savage Pride with Harry Landy. This mare is capable of completing an exotic. Also, keep an eye on #5 Slick N Splashy. She finished fourth in her last. Any slight improvement...

Race Six: It looks "inside" here. Thus my picks, in no particular order, are: #1 Fool Manchu, owned, trained and driven by Pete Vambuca. I like the fact the horse has drawn "the rail". As good a chance as any. #2 Sharkstune should be out and going at the half. He's faced better. If he gets a pace to close into he can be most dangerouis. Finally, #3 City Pie was involved with some interference and wound up getting DQed; he finished third but was placed fourth. A cleaner, hazard-free trip makes this horse a factor.

Race Seven: #5 Admirable Hanover gets my nod in this trot. Jackie Ingrassia is very good in handling trotters. The gelding had a recent solid qualifier. If that portends readiness, the gelding might surprise. Others to consider are: #1 L'Argent Hall with Cat Manzi. The rail should help. Also, #4 A'intShes Titan and #6 Commitment To Win.

Race Eight: #7 Millionaire Cam has won three-straight. Can he make it four? I believe there's a distinct chance. Cat Manzi helps. Others to consider: #1 Celii N. He's a major threat. Won his last. Also, #2 DVC Toy Soldier. He won his last. THen, there's #6 Jeremy.

Race Nine: #5 Art Paper has hit the tote in her last five. In her current excellent form, she rates serious consideration. #1 Devine Filly draws the rail and looks like the major danger. Then, there's #2 Gray Olives. She won her last; she should not be overlooked.

Race Ten: In the finale, I like #1 Zion Train. This veteran gelding draws both the rail and the services of Cat Manzi. That combo may be tough to beat. Underneath, I like #5 Hammer with Nick Suick; #6 Armbro Cayenne; and #7 Ala Carte Bill.