PDA

View Full Version : When was the last Fort Knox gold audit?

cj's dad
01-09-2013, 11:13 AM
1974. Why ?

http://wiki.answers.co/Q/When_was_the_last_US_fort_knox_gold_audit (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/When_was_the_last_US_fort_knox_gold_audit)

lamboguy
01-09-2013, 11:34 AM
they got over 1000 soldiers guarding that gold in Ft. Knox. i knew 5 people that have guarded it, and none of those 5 guys have never actually seen the gold.

they could be guarding NOTHING! who knows?

they may never do an inventory of that gold for as long as we live. what i never understood is that if the United States was the biggest holder of gold in the world, why do they go on the open market to buy gold to mint the coins they sell? why don't they just go to Ft. Knox?

cj's dad
01-09-2013, 11:40 AM
NOTHING about this situation makes any sense. And this has obviously spanned presidents of both parties.

Like you, I smell a rat.

Overlay
01-09-2013, 11:45 AM
1974. Why ?
Not doing an audit since then would have been taking quite a chance, considering that Gert Froebe didn't pass away until 1988.
U1TmeBd9338

Tom
01-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Perhaps you are forgetting..........

Greyfox
01-09-2013, 02:50 PM
Brad Meltzer's show DECODED covered Fort Knox in Season 2 episode 1.

I tried to post it here from youtube but was redirected to another site to sign up for a player that I didn't want.

At any rate, Meltzer suggested that there may not be any gold in Fort Knox.
Several town citizens their said that's a known fact.
Ron Paul has called for an audit and none has been forthcoming.
A man who claimed that he was an armed guard there once upon a time and while he had a gun, no one issued him any bullets.
While there are 10,000 soldiers stationed at Fort Knox, only a few are guarding it at any time.

Then I came across the following video which claims there is gold in Fort Knox.

Without an audit, who knows?

4ua1LdVFe9I

ceejay
01-09-2013, 05:49 PM
Maybe they have the trillion dollar coin there! :lol: :lol:

Actor
01-09-2013, 06:02 PM
Maybe they have the trillion dollar coin there! :lol: :lol:They haven't minted the trillion dollar coin yet but when they do I suggest it be minted from one bar of Ft. Knox gold. Make it a foot in diameter and whatever thickness the bar will provide. I'm told that there is a law against having the likeness of a living person on a U.S. coin. The likeness should be of a Republican since G.O.P. policy is what's driving the idea of a trillion dollar coin. I suggest Nixon.

horses4courses
01-09-2013, 06:12 PM
There couldn't have been much left after Pussy Galore got her...umm, hands on it.

TJDave
01-09-2013, 07:51 PM
I'm confident that the gold supply is audited on a regular basis. ;)

If you mean a public audit then good luck with that.

Delta Cone
01-09-2013, 08:48 PM
1974. Why ?

http://wiki.answers.co/Q/When_was_the_last_US_fort_knox_gold_audit (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/When_was_the_last_US_fort_knox_gold_audit)

The real answer why is that it would be a gigantic waste of time and money.

Treasury Inspector General Eric Thorson reported that the U.S. Mint told him that moving, counting and testing the gold would cost around $60 million.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/06/24/news/economy/ron_paul_gold_audit/index.htm

Would you like our government to waste even more money than it already does?

lamboguy
01-09-2013, 09:11 PM

Treasury Inspector General Eric Thorson reported that the U.S. Mint told him that moving, counting and testing the gold would cost around $60 million.

Would you like our government to waste even more money than it already does?the 9300 tons of gold that the united states holds as part of the the international monetary fund is supposed to be in the republic national bank in new york.

there is supposed to be a lot more gold in ft. knox that is part of the united states treasury.

Tom
01-09-2013, 10:58 PM
Maybe they have the trillion dollar coin there! :lol: :lol:

Oh, I get it now......that's the change Obama was talking about!

cj's dad
01-10-2013, 12:22 AM

Would you like our government to waste even more money than it already does?

A fraction of Bo's inauguration costs

A fabricated number- they simply do not want to do it. A shortfall in the gold standard would cause a massive disruption in the financial circles worldwide. As a local economist stated, the discovery that their is not enough, if any, gold on hand would be 1000 times more devastating than going over the fiscal cliff.

Actor
01-10-2013, 01:12 AM
All that's really necessary is that the public believe that the gold is there. :)

cj's dad
01-11-2013, 01:35 AM
the 9300 tons of gold that the united states holds as part of the the international monetary fund is supposed to be in the republic national bank in new york.

there is supposed to be a lot more gold in ft. knox that is part of the united states treasury.

And you know this how ??NO AUDIT has been done since '74

lamboguy
01-11-2013, 03:06 AM
And you know this how ??NO AUDIT has been done since '74
2 different things, the gold held by the IMF is probably audited daily along with the amount of other currency's that the US own.
the gold that sits in Ft. Knox or West Point has not been audited.

so.cal.fan
01-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Actor!
I love your suggestion of Nixon on the "trillion dollar coin".
He was the one who took us off the gold standard....MISTAKE.
He deserves to be on such a coin, but I seriously doubt they will ever mint that one. Dumb idea.

Robert Goren
01-11-2013, 02:06 PM
Who cares? I am far more concerned about the audits of the banks. A couple of Big Bank failures will sink the ecomony really fast and drag the rest the down. Just think of what happened in 2008 when only one was going under. As soon as it went down, the rest were in trouble too. Just think what would have happened if two had gone under.

Bettowin
01-11-2013, 02:37 PM
The gold is all there no reason to worry. Right on top of the pile of gold bars is Barry's birth certificate:)

Actor
01-11-2013, 03:08 PM
Actor!
I love your suggestion of Nixon on the "trillion dollar coin".
He was the one who took us off the gold standard....MISTAKE.I think you'll find the U.S. went off the gold standard in 1861 during Lincoln's presidency. This can be disputed because there are several definitions of what exactly constitutes a "gold standard" but in 1861 the U.S. discontinued paying its debts in gold and has never done so since.

What happened under Nixon was the replacement of the "silver certificate" with "Federal Reserve notes." Up until then the dollar bill was "payable in silver," a meaningless phrase since the government could decide how much silver was worth a dollar.