PDA

View Full Version : SA last race Feb. 1/04 Question

trying2win
02-01-2004, 07:34 PM
--I was just checking the results of the 8th and last race at Santa Anita For Sun. Feb. 11/04. How come the American dollar results list the winner as #1A Runawayskye, yet when I check the Canadian Parimutuel pool, they list the winner as longshot #10 Luvole? They don't list #1A anywhere in the top 4 finishers in the Canadian parimutuel pools. I know the #1 horse was scratched, but why wouldn't they list #1A as the winner in the Canadian Parimutuel pools as well? I don't get it.

--Could someone please explain this to me?

Thank you,

T2W

trying2win
02-01-2004, 09:09 PM
--Just looking at the NET TOTE (Canadian mutuel pool) at www.windsorraceway.com site, for the last race at Santa Anita on this Sunday, it shows the #1 slot with an SCR symbol. How can that be, when the entry-mate was still running? I still don't get it.

T2W

BillW
02-01-2004, 09:36 PM
TTW,

Was is a late scratch? Possibly the Cdn tote has a late scratch rule that has the entry mate of a late scratch disqualified from the pool. I believe the NYRA handles it this way.

Bill

trying2win
02-01-2004, 10:12 PM
Bill,

--At the BRISNET.COM site, the #1 and #5 horses were listed as scratches before the 1st race started today at Santa Anita. As we can all see, the #1A part of the entry in this 8th race at SA still ran and won the race.

--So, the 8th race scenario at SA today is still a mystery to me. Unless a PA member knows the answer, just out of curiousity I'll phone up a supervisor at our local track tomorrow.

Thanks,

T2W

Figman
02-01-2004, 10:47 PM
The general rule is that all commingling of wagers into an out of state pool use the rules of the state of the host track. However, no money from Canada is commingled into any United States parimutuel pools as north of the border is formed a countrywide Canadian pool. I believe it has something to do with a VAT or value added tax when money leaves Canada.

As Bill W said, the NY rule is that after betting is open on a race and half of an entry is scratched, the other half runs for purse money only. I don't know the Canadian rule, but many of their rules mirror the rules in New York.

Brian Flewwelling
02-02-2004, 05:10 AM
We called: Someone hit a wrong button, causing both 1's to be scratched... once that happened they could not correct the situation, so the race was treated as if the 1A was not present.

my friend had a Place Show on the 10 because of the 1A, but didn't adjust her bets .. she had to make due with $35 ...

Fleww

trying2win
02-02-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Brian Flewwelling
We called: Someone hit a wrong button, causing both 1's to be scratched... once that happened they could not correct the situation, so the race was treated as if the 1A was not present.

my friend had a Place Show on the 10 because of the 1A, but didn't adjust her bets .. she had to make due with $35 ...

Fleww

Brian,

--Thank you for your clarification on what happened in that race at Santa Anita.

T2W