01-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Starting Feb. 4th the DRF is now $7 daily and $7.50 Saturday

DeltaLover
01-08-2013, 02:38 PM
BRIS IS YOUR FRIEND

thaskalos
01-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Starting Feb. 4th the DRF is now $7 daily and $7.50 Saturday

Will they continue with the abbreviated PPs for the PM edition?

What a joke this company has become...

EJXD2
01-08-2013, 03:33 PM
BRIS IS YOUR FRIEND

Thanks for the love DeltaLover (does this mean you like Louisiana racing or change?).

If anyone needs assistance making a change from another set of information to ours I'd be happy to assist.

BlueShoe
01-08-2013, 03:41 PM
:eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: ARRRRGG!!! Say it ain't so!! :bang: :bang: :( :(

duncan04
01-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the love DeltaLover (does this mean you like Louisiana racing or change?).

If anyone needs assistance making a change from another set of information to ours I'd be happy to assist.

Love BRIS pp's but wish synthetic track stats were seperated from the fast track stats.

Tom
01-08-2013, 03:55 PM
It's been $7 and $7.50 around here for a couple of years.

DeltaLover
01-08-2013, 04:22 PM

Nothing to do with Lousiana..

FALIRIKO DELTA (http://www.lifo.gr/lifoland/magic-circus/6624) WAS A LEGENTARY RACE TRACK IN ATHENS GREECE .

DELTA was always jam packed from racing addicts calling themselves horsefaces, betting millions of dollars every racing day when the per capita income in Greece was less than $10K per day...

This track no longer exist as with the excuse of the Olympic Games it was demolished and new 'modern' track was build.

The new track looks more like a ghost town while the old one remains in the memory of us who grew up over there as the best track ever...

Yes, even better than BELMONT or ASCOT..

horses4courses
01-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Haven't bought, or read a hard copy, in years.
I prefer Brisnet PPs, anyway, and any info I want from DRF is online.

Saratoga_Mike
01-08-2013, 04:45 PM

Same here.

DeltaLover
01-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Bris has very good prices, provides access to as much historical data you need and has excellent customer service. Their calculated derivatives like prime power or speed figures range from very good to useful. Their website is never down.

There is no reason to buy the overpriced DRF which pretty much treats the horse player in the same way racing officials do, in other words like a complete degenerated addicted bum... (not that some of us are not ;) )

therussmeister
01-08-2013, 05:43 PM
$4.50 & $5.50 for several years at Canterbury.

MightBeSosa
01-08-2013, 06:27 PM
Not to defend, but they are very likely a victim of low circulation coupled with increasing costs of delivery and paper.

Unless they want to run the print edition at a loss, what can they do?

pandy
01-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Just curious, I'm working on a column pertaining to customer service about various businesses that horseplayers and/or horse owners have to deal with. Any comments? What do you think of customer service as Bris, Trackmaster, etc.

tucker6
01-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Not to defend, but they are very likely a victim of low circulation coupled with increasing costs of delivery and paper.

sounds like a dinosaur waiting for an asteroid to hit ...

DeltaLover
01-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Just curious, I'm working on a column pertaining to customer service about various businesses that horseplayers and/or horse owners have to deal with. Any comments? What do you think of customer service as Bris, Trackmaster, etc.

Bris has excellent customer service.

I can easily contact a technical guy any time I need one either by phone or by email and they do their best to help. I recall that in some cases they made me a favor when I had to download huge amounts of historical data sending them by mail in a CD.

Same applies for accounting which is easily reachable and very prompt to help.

therussmeister
01-08-2013, 07:33 PM

At Canterbury they have self-service kiosks where you can print your own PP's at a very good price. Unfortunately DRF PP's are limited to tracks that are not included in the two editions sold at the track. They also offer something called "Las Vegas edition" past performances for any track, which I think are an Equibase product. But anyway, I think this should be the future for DRF. Print on demand at the track/OTB. The price is much cheaper than downloading DRF PP's online, but then Canterbury might be offering this service as a loss leader.

Speed Figure
01-08-2013, 07:34 PM
The DRF is a PLAYED OUT PRODUCT!

thaskalos
01-08-2013, 07:42 PM

How can a business justify cheapening its product while, at the same time, raising its price?

Why offer only six PP lines for the PM edition?

castaway01
01-08-2013, 11:44 PM

Logically, you are right (maybe "realistic" is better than "right"), but for those customers hanging on to the increasingly feeble print edition, you can't blame them for being mad, can you?

MightBeSosa
01-09-2013, 12:14 AM
Hell no, I'd be mad at $5.

Then again, $5, or $7 aint what it used to be. We're just imagining it is.

NJ Stinks
01-09-2013, 01:23 AM
Last weekend Saturday's DRF cost me $8.00 and Sunday's cost me $7.50. (Newsagent bumps it up fifty-cents from the cover price.) I got 8 tracks in both conditions.

The price was reasonable IMO.

acorn54
01-09-2013, 05:23 AM
Bris has excellent customer service.

I can easily contact a technical guy any time I need one either by phone or by email and they do their best to help. I recall that in some cases they made me a favor when I had to download huge amounts of historical data sending them by mail in a CD.

Same applies for accounting which is easily reachable and very prompt to help.
ditto
ps.
if i by mistake download info that i did not intend to-they have made no qualms about re-imbursing me.

Hosshead
01-09-2013, 05:47 AM
Bris Needs To Offer Unlimited Monthly Subscription Rates like the $59. Procaps were before Bris decided to do away with them and use a stranglehold on the subscribers and fleece us with their per track only policy !!

EJXD2
01-09-2013, 10:57 AM
Bris Needs To Offer Unlimited Monthly Subscription Rates like the $59. Procaps were before Bris decided to do away with them and use a stranglehold on the subscribers and fleece us with their per track only policy !!

I am working really hard on making this happen. The price WILL NOT be $59, but we understand our customers' desire for a subscription model and want to make that happen sooner rather than later.

SandyW
01-09-2013, 11:42 AM
I am working really hard on making this happen. The price WILL NOT be $59, but we understand our customers' desire for a subscription model and want to make that happen sooner rather than later.

You had a good deal for us on TSN for the monthly unlimited Procap data files and results for $59.

I'm willing to pay more for unlimited monthly Multicap files and results.

Why does it take so long to come up with a marketing plan when you have customers willing to fork over money to Bris?

When is this going to happen? A firm date would be nice thing for us to look forward to.

By the way I was one of the ones that got screwed on the $59 switchover to Muliticap data files and results as I was in the hospital at that time getting a new heart valve.

1st time lasix
01-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Always give the girl eight bucks with a friendly smile for the form. So many around the track never tip nor ever act with courtesy. ;) Truth is....I would like it to go up even more in price-----so less people use the info. I have an angry pet pieve though....cheapskates who don't buy it--- yet want to borrow it or steal it from your seat if you go to the windows or step to the restroom. :mad:

BlueShoe
01-09-2013, 01:02 PM
ARRRRGG!!! Say it ain't so!!
Well, guess it may be it ain't so, at least in California (I hope). Just got off the phone after calling the DRF Gardena office, and the gentleman I spoke to said that the price increase will be in the East, but California prices remain the same. We shall see. The current prices for the Form out here are $6.75 ontrack, $7.00 offtrack plus tax, and $7.00 ontrack for the Saturday edition, $7.50 offtrack plus tax. California charges sales tax, so a Sat. Form is over 8 bucks offtrack plus the gas you burn going to the liquor store that sells them. Must admit that it is pretty thick, with the two California tracks plus the six to eight tracks simulcast in. Yeah, I know, for most of you all this seems rather primitive, what with ADWs and online pps, but many of us are still old pen and ink paper traditionalists that still prefer doing it the old fashioned way.

Tom
01-09-2013, 02:09 PM
This is funny.
A 6 month sub to Simulcast Weekly/Daily is $99
A 12 month sub is $199.

So, if you buy two 6 month subs, it cost you $198 - you save a buck by not committing to a full year! :lol:

Is this like the 32 ouncer's in NYC?

bitter
01-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Guess its time for all us loyal customers to pay the piper
we didn't really think the DRF "weekend" pull out was going to be free did we? :faint:

duncan04
01-09-2013, 04:02 PM
Love BRIS pp's but wish synthetic track stats were seperated from the fast track stats.

Guess that is too much to ask? :rolleyes:

rrpic6
01-11-2013, 05:54 AM
Always give the girl eight bucks with a friendly smile for the form. So many around the track never tip nor ever act with courtesy. ;) Truth is....I would like it to go up even more in price-----so less people use the info. I have an angry pet pieve though....cheapskates who don't buy it--- yet want to borrow it or steal it from your seat if you go to the windows or step to the restroom. :mad:

I hear ya! Happened to me many times. A waitress even threw mine in the trash before I even had started to handicap once. She did not last long at that OTB! No one has ever taken my BRIS PP's tho. The degenerates that steal the Form are throw back losers that know nothing but the Form. My new plan for 2013 is to bring an old DRF to OTB's just to see how long it takes to get taken.

RR