PDA

View Full Version : Drinking a Beer in all 351 towns in Massachusetts

Zippy Chippy
01-07-2013, 08:47 PM
Cant believe the wife is on board with this but in October i came up with an idea that in 2013 i want to drink a beer in every town in MA. I did research and discovered only about 280 towns have a bar/restaurant so ill have to improvise in those towns (mostly in the berkshires). Every location im taking a pic with a sign and holding a beer or taking a sip. If anyone is from MA and have good ideas for any towns lemme know.

FB is Mass BeerTour
Twitter @351SamChallenge (cant believe i opened a twitter account)

If people feel like watching my progress.

If nothing else atleast it keeps me away from the track

lamboguy
01-07-2013, 09:00 PM
don't bother going to these towns, they are all dry ones. i had thought that Wellesley was one too, but they must have caved in lately!

http://www.mass.gov/abcc/pdf/DRY%20TOWNS%20as%20of%202-23-2012.pdf

PhantomOnTour
01-07-2013, 09:02 PM
Cool idea.
I believe you can drink in a dry town, but not sell or buy.

See if you can drink a different beer in all 351 towns :ThmbUp:

Zippy Chippy
01-07-2013, 09:08 PM
Cool idea.
I believe you can drink in a dry town, but not sell or buy.

See if you can drink a different beer in all 351 towns :ThmbUp:

Well i contacted sam adams and they are as excited about this as me. Ill be having #351 at the sam adams brewery. Ive had some surprisingly good feedback. Ocean spray is letting me take a pic in a cranberry bog, this weekend at F1 racing they are putting me in a racing suit holding a trophy and drinking my Sam. I have some.other fun things lined up. As for the dry towns i am working on some ideas

Jay Trotter
01-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Very cool Zippy -- hope you'll post your pics as you go. I'm sure once you get going you'll find some very interesting opportunities.

You know these small towns love to print local stories that in a big city wouldn't get the time of day. I'm sure if you sent out some letters/emails to the local papers you would build a pretty good press clipping scrap book and before you know it you'll be featured on CNN.

Love it :ThmbUp:

TJDave
01-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Well i contacted sam adams and they are as excited about this as me.

You should try drinking a beer in all 57 States. You might get a grant.

Zippy Chippy
01-07-2013, 09:27 PM
Very cool Zippy -- hope you'll post your pics as you go. I'm sure once you get going you'll find some very interesting opportunities.

You know these small towns love to print local stories that in a big city wouldn't get the time of day. I'm sure if you sent out some letters/emails to the local papers you would build a pretty good press clipping scrap book and before you know it you'll be featured on CNN.

Love it :ThmbUp:

Ha thanks. I went to plympton the other day. Its a tiny town with no real stores. Just farms. I saw some llamas. The owner let me take pics with her llamas. Im trying to post it. I never have luck posting pics on PA

Mailman
01-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Zip
You ever go back to the Coachman Lodge?

Zippy Chippy
01-08-2013, 05:09 PM
Zip
You ever go back to the Coachman Lodge?

Ha i have them pencilled in for Bellingham. Actually i went to a wedding there about 3 months ago (the day az beat the pats)

mabred
01-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Zippy

when u get to dudley ma stop at 21 west sports bar

right on main st.First bar from the webster line on rte 16.I'm pretty

sure u can still get a 2.00 draft.But if i know when u'll be there

it will be on me.

Mabred..

Zippy Chippy
01-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Zippy

when u get to dudley ma stop at 21 west sports bar

right on main st.First bar from the webster line on rte 16.I'm pretty

sure u can still get a 2.00 draft.But if i know when u'll be there

it will be on me.

Mabred..

Cool ill PM you. Im gonna do webster fish n game disc golf course for webster proba ly real soon then ill hop over to Dudley

mabred
01-09-2013, 10:06 AM
funny I almost said go to the fish in game for a webster stop

or the PAA which is near the town ball fields if its spring

summer or fall

ThinkingAlways
01-10-2013, 01:48 PM
Why is your twitter account protected? You'll get more followers and interaction if you open it up.

Zippy Chippy
01-11-2013, 09:07 PM
I must have misclicked. I didnt mean that. Ill fix it in a few minutes. Thats weird.

Zippy Chippy
01-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Mabred im heading to Dudley today or tomorrow. Sent u a pm . Pm back if u are around

Valuist
01-17-2013, 01:16 AM
Red Stripe :ThmbUp: 7.5% alcohol. on the island. Here its only 5%.

Mailman
02-23-2013, 07:57 PM
Zippy
Today on WJAR tv in providence, they had a story about a guy having a Sam Adams in all 351 towns in mass. He was raising money for Dana Farber cancer patients in Boston. Very well received piece! Im assuming it was you!

Zippy Chippy
09-28-2013, 12:08 PM
I finished. I haven't been on this site for a long time. Been staying away from the horses for over a year or so. Just wanna say thanks to people that showed up to support me for the past year. I think a total of 6 PA members came out to see me. $40,000 was raised for Dana Farber cancer. People are so awesome and generous. Here are a couple articles. I even had to go to a nudist colony to have my beer in Hancock Ma. My website is 351samadams.com (sam adams kicked in 5k). Now for my next journey. Will be a father in 3 days.

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/boston/10011767500395/state-wide-bar-crawl-raises-34k-for-cancer-research/

http://www.patriotledger.com/news/x1803831830/Weymouth-native-travels-across-state-drinks-beer-raises-money-to-fight-cancer

PhantomOnTour
09-28-2013, 01:05 PM
Way to go Zippy :ThmbUp:

Great experience for a great cause.
Maybe this will catch on and some other folks will do it too.