PDA

View Full Version : Nexus 7 or iPad Mini?

andicap
01-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Thinking of buying a tablet. What are people's experiences with the Nexus 7 vs. the iPad Mini? Nexus major advantage of course is price while the Mini has iOS apps.

redshift1
01-05-2013, 12:01 AM
Thinking of buying a tablet. What are people's experiences with the Nexus 7 vs. the iPad Mini? Nexus major advantage of course is price while the Mini has iOS apps.

What do you plan to use it for?

if you like to modify (root) your tablet, Nexus 7 is the easiest with tons of support at XDA developers:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1673

Ipad mini has the largest selection of apps and requires little tech experience.

I bought a Kindle HD 7 because I buy a lot of ebooks and audiobooks from Amazon.

In my opinion the Ipad mini is over priced if I didn't deal with Amazon so much I would have bought the Nexus 7.

HoofedInTheChest
01-05-2013, 12:52 AM
Hands down the Nexus 7! Winner of the tablet of the year in 2012.

I left IOS for Android and it was the smartest move i ever made, i got tired of living in Apple's Ecosystem and as redshift1 mentioned, there is nothing like an open source operating system. You wont be handcuffed like the way you are with IOS, you can plug an Android device into any system and move files back and forth without the grief from Apple. If your into tweaking your system your free to do so, and fully customize your device to your liking, if not, it's still a better device.

Don't think for a second you won't be able to find apps for the Nexus 7, you can find the same apps on Android as you do with IOS.

The tide is changing, Apple's market share is shrinking, and it's being left in the dust by companies like Samsung and Google with Android at the helm.