PDA

View Full Version : Your going good when ......

parlay
01-03-2013, 03:21 PM
You handicap a race, bet it, and as they leave the gate realize its not the 5th.
You hit the 35-1 to win, the exactor and the super :bang: :lol: :jump:

ldiatone
01-03-2013, 03:34 PM
gp 6th turf sprint had the 2 also :jump:

Dave Schwartz
01-03-2013, 03:46 PM
I would expect no less from a guy named "Parlay."

:ThmbUp:

Way to go.

amyloo2
01-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Hit one of my biggest payouts from a horse race doing the same thing. Had two tracks going on and ended up hitting tri and super for over 4,000. When I realized I was on the wrong race, I tried to cancel but was shut out. Also did it at the dog track maybe 25 yeas ago. Probably need to try it on purpose.

Robert Goren
01-03-2013, 06:03 PM
I hit a signer double at Aksarben when I bet the post position numbers instead of the program numbers. They ran 12 horse races and the number 10 was a 3 horse field number back then. So the numbers were often 2 or 3 apart. I was kicking myself as the gates open in the first race and was holding my breath as the second went off. On top of that I had to survive an objection in the second.

parlay
01-03-2013, 06:26 PM
gp 6th turf sprint had the 2 also :jump:

Thats the one!

judd
01-03-2013, 06:45 PM
how about the bad times!
years ago at the meadows harness track bet $200 to win on the 9 horse
horse went wire-to-wire at 7-2
looked at ticket --and old cheezer teller gave me $2.00 to win

i gave him $200 he hit the 2 dollar button then bell went off--their they go(rodger huston)
won $9.00 wtf:bang::bang::bang:

appistappis
01-03-2013, 08:15 PM
had the opposite happen today at GP....noticed my mistake and cancelled the ticket. Would have hit the super if i left it.

Track Collector
01-04-2013, 01:51 AM
Had the opposite happen.

I wagered on race 5 at Delaware Park at what I thought was just seconds before the race was to go off. My wager was made on one of those older-style self-wager machines. I hit the exacta for several times at an approximate $2 payout around $100, and it was my first winning ticket after many earlier unsuccessful wagers. After the results were posted, I immediately ran my ticket thru the machine, and received the message that the race results were not available. After about 20 minutes of effort, I discovered that my ticket was for race 6. Apparently the self-wagering terminal had already cycled on to the next race. Needless to say, my selections for race 6 were not a winner. :mad:

No one to blame but myself............I should have made my wager earlier.

P.S. I'm still waiting for THIS one to even out. ;)

RunForTheRoses
01-04-2013, 10:14 AM
I had a pretty good similar happenstance about 2 or 3 years ago. I was betting at home through Njbets. I don't remeber all the details but I think I won pretty good Friday night or early Saturday (~1200). By Sunday I had been doing pretty poorly and was lamenting the fact that I was losing back way too much of my score. Was very pissed at myself, when...
I looked into my account. The balance was over $4500. My immediate reaction as that it was a mistake and I was about to drive down to the OTB and take out the money before they realized.
Before I did that I looked at the account history. I had hit the early P4 at Golden Gate. All big longshots had won. I was mainly playing SA, just taking a stab here and there at GG. What I did was play my SA numbers at GG! This mistake will even out the negative things I've done, which are many, for awhile.