PDA

View Full Version : Sports wagering

horses4courses
01-01-2013, 10:11 PM
With all the talk about New Jersey, and the possibility of legal sports betting there,
I felt the time is right to ask PA members what their sports wagering habits are.

Robert Goren
01-01-2013, 10:43 PM
I use to dabble with betting with illegal bookmakers, but it was a lot of trouble and I was a loser any way.

DeltaLover
01-02-2013, 02:50 PM
I would certainly bet sports if it was legal. Experience taught me that any kind of illegal betting (or other activity whatsover) is a troublemaker...

MutuelClerk
01-03-2013, 05:27 PM
As broke as this country is it wont be long before everything is legal and taxed. Sports betting, prostitution, and drugs. One stop shopping for some.

Striker
01-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Have been using offshore books for about 11 years now. Only problem I had was when all the legislation was passed about 5-6 years ago, took some time to get the money out and many phone calls to customer service. I eventually got the money. But the book I use now is top notch and have never had a problem.

DeltaLover
01-04-2013, 02:57 PM
After what happened with the poker sites I am very skeptical when it comes to anything similar.

Having to wait for weeks to receive my winnings is not only stressfull and risky, it also has a potential cost as I could have parlay my winnings to more while I am still waiting for the post man.

In Europe sports betting is a completely legal process where you can collect your winnings immediately after the completion of the event, exactly in the same way the race track works. If this even becomes a reality here in USA (or if I move to Vegas where it works like this) I would certainly start betting sports.

Charli125
01-04-2013, 06:44 PM
I would certainly bet sports if it was legal. Experience taught me that any kind of illegal betting (or other activity whatsover) is a troublemaker...

What he said. I'd love to bet sports, if it were legal.

Rookies
01-05-2013, 01:08 PM
I have done all the first 3 poll options and several more.