PDA

View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR TUE. 01/01/2013

MeSlew
12-31-2012, 09:52 PM
Hello All! Happy New Year to all! For the first day of 2013, here are the tracks and races on Slew's mind:

Aqueduct - 7,8,9
Gulfstream - 2,3,4,7,8,9,10
Santa Anita - 2,4,6,8
Parx - 6,9

Today, a Berry Berry Bueno win at Parx with a Slew single paying $22.00 as an invader off a September race at Monmouth Park. I must say I'm a bit pleased at what Slew has
shown so far at Parx. I'll continue to eyeball these results.

For tomorrow, along with the regulars there are two key horses.

Nicole H - Aqu ( 8) HOL 05/12/10 # 3

Wave Theory - GP ( 8) SAR 08/25/12 # 6

First, notice the date of the race out of which Nicole H was tabbed as a key horse. It was two and a half years ago. We will see a few of these now as I have recently
removed the 90 day restriction I placed on key horses. She is now a 6 year old mare that is 21 for 27 in the money, has never lost at Aqueduct and is 8 for 15 at the distance
with 5 place runs as well. That is 13 for 15 in the exacta at 6F. Her Ml is 4-5 but I would still look for a way to work her into some kind of winning wager.

Wave Theory is a youngster who I saw at Saratoga and really liked. Chad Brown who is pretty much faultless in his race management saw fit to place her,
AFTER A SINGLE MAIDEN TRY, in the Miss Grillo at Belmont. The turf was soft that day and it appeared to stymie her early action as her next race, the maiden breaker
was almost 3 seconds faster than the G3 in which she lagged behind for most of the race. Chad now finds a less demanding 75K affair and we will get a much better
idea of her competitive spirit and athletic progress by watching this race carefully.

Lezcano rides, and while I did not like his ride on Madame Giry a few days ago, he is an accomplished pilot clicking at 22% for the meet, so he is getting good mounts.
Whether I bet this one depends on my level of confidence with the 7th and/or the 9th. But this is one to at least watch. We will learn a bit more about her tomorrow.

But there is much more in Slew's race day file for for January 1st, so stop by the website by clicking the link below and pick it up. Enjoy the New Years Day cards. And as always...

...good luck and good 'capping!