PDA

View Full Version : NFL Credibility...

elysiantraveller
12-30-2012, 06:58 PM
Let me start off by saying I'm a Lions fan so that would explain my anger but...

Allowing that Green Bay turnover/touchdown to be reversed is absolute bullshit...

I'm about done with the NFL.

Tom
12-30-2012, 07:11 PM
Credibility and the NFL.....that's like saying "hand me the piano."
Although in this case, they explained the review had already been called for, so they did issue a penalty.

Right after they called a mythical touchdown! :lol:
No matter what technology, they still have an idiot looking at the screens.

Good thing no one bets on these games, huh?

elysiantraveller
12-30-2012, 07:21 PM
Credibility and the NFL.....that's like saying "hand me the piano."
Although in this case, they explained the review had already been called for, so they did issue a penalty.

Right after they called a mythical touchdown! :lol:
No matter what technology, they still have an idiot looking at the screens.

Good thing no one bets on these games, huh?

They got the call right it was a touchdown.

The BS thing is the review is ALWAYS going to be called for on a TD or turnover. However, if you throw the challenge flag you are penalized 15 yards and the play isn't reviewed. I know its a stupid rule but its a rule and it should be applied consistently... allowing that play to be reversed is absolute horse@#$%.

cj
12-30-2012, 09:28 PM
They got the call right it was a touchdown.

The BS thing is the review is ALWAYS going to be called for on a TD or turnover. However, if you throw the challenge flag you are penalized 15 yards and the play isn't reviewed. I know its a stupid rule but its a rule and it should be applied consistently... allowing that play to be reversed is absolute horse@#$%.

How about the fact they can check replay for the smallest of margins, but they can't get the play clock to a point where it the delay of call games are accurate? Twice, on different channels, I heard it explained that referee watches the play clock, and once it turns he then looks to see if the ball has been snapped. On the Cowboys first TD today, the ball was snapped way after zero. What did he do, check out the cheerleaders before looking at the QB?

I mean really, how in the world can this not be reviewable? For the record, I hate both teams so I don't care who wins.

elysiantraveller
12-30-2012, 11:09 PM
How about the fact they can check replay for the smallest of margins, but they can't get the play clock to a point where it the delay of call games are accurate? Twice, on different channels, I heard it explained that referee watches the play clock, and once it turns he then looks to see if the ball has been snapped. On the Cowboys first TD today, the ball was snapped way after zero. What did he do, check out the cheerleaders before looking at the QB?

I mean really, how in the world can this not be reviewable? For the record, I hate both teams so I don't care who wins.

Agreed. If possible the clock would have gone to -1.

Whats even more incredibly stupid is that was a touchdown so it was reviewed!

Robert Goren
12-30-2012, 11:27 PM
Agreed. If possible the clock would have gone to -1.

Whats even more incredibly stupid is that was a touchdown so it was reviewed! It doesn't matter, the cowgirls are going lose anyway.

Robert Fischer
12-30-2012, 11:35 PM
you guys are 100% correct

some of these rules are not logical

elysiantraveller
12-30-2012, 11:51 PM
It doesn't matter, the cowgirls are going lose anyway.

It didn't matter but it could have and I don't mind the right call being made in the Green Bay game. What I have a real problem with is a rule is applied to one team but not another that's BS. Then to insult the average viewer with some cockamamie story about "the review was already called for" is insulting. Of course the review was called for it was a scoring/turnover play. That's why you are penalized... did the replay official has some crises about having to unsee what he saw?... did Mike Mccarthy delay throwing the flag so he could ponder the penalty and then just say @#$% it and throw it anyway?...

Nothing about what happened there made any god@#$@ sense... nothing...

Robert Fischer
12-31-2012, 12:06 AM
It didn't matter but it could have and I don't mind the right call being made in the Green Bay game. What I have a real problem with is a rule is applied to one team but not another that's BS. Then to insult the average viewer with some cockamamie story about "the review was already called for" is insulting. Of course the review was called for it was a scoring/turnover play. That's why you are penalized... did the replay official has some crises about having to unsee what he saw?... did Mike Mccarthy delay throwing the flag so he could ponder the penalty and then just say @#$% it and throw it anyway?...

Nothing about what happened there made any god@#$@ sense... nothing...

another pet peeve about that play - the TV broadcast never showed a definitive sideline angle of the play.
The quickly showed a sideline view, but then resorted to views from the endzone to try to see Knee, Ball, Goal-line.
If I had money on the game I'd much rather everyone see the best possible angle.

NJ Stinks
12-31-2012, 12:07 AM
Might as well put it here.

I thought the roughing the passer call against Dallas on 3rd and 7 from the Dallas 12 yard line on Washington's last drive was total BS. The Dallas defender was falling over a Redskin blocker when he struck Griffin's head. No different than being blocked into the kicker IMO.

That call gave the game to the Redskins and was rotten way to end a great game.

KingChas
12-31-2012, 10:05 AM
How about the fact they can check replay for the smallest of margins, but they can't get the play clock to a point where it the delay of call games are accurate? Twice, on different channels, I heard it explained that referee watches the play clock, and once it turns he then looks to see if the ball has been snapped. On the Cowboys first TD today, the ball was snapped way after zero. .

Definately hit -1 for Cowboys.
It is a joke with the play clock,since when does hitting 0 not equal 0.
Human error prevails.
If that's the case the play clock should be shown in 1/10's of seconds.
They get buzzed for reviews,why not same device for play clock?
Simpler yet why not a simple wristwatch connected to the play clock that alerts or buzzes him in some way.