PDA

View Full Version : BengGhazi no big deal!

Tom
12-30-2012, 10:13 AM
I heard it from the horse's mouth ( or ass).
Obama said today it just a case being a little sloppy in how we protect embassies.

I hope that provides some closure for the families of the four dead Americans.

I am sure Obama will now breath easier knowing their deaths were no big deal. Time to pop open a bottle of bubbly!

HUSKER55
12-30-2012, 10:17 AM
AND THE PROSECUTION RESTS..... :eek:

fast4522
12-30-2012, 10:36 AM
Obama said today it just a case being a little sloppy in how we protect embassies.

I am sure Obama will now breath easier knowing their deaths were no big deal. Time to pop open a bottle of bubbly!

Like it or not, it is a stain on the American fabric and the cost will be those willing to serve a Nation willing to leave its own behind. Never in my lifetime did I think we would be ruled by anyone willing to abandon our own instead of leading and honoring those who serve our Nation. Writing off an incident of failure to lead is a National disgrace to all who have served and paid the ultimate price. Moving into the New Year our challenges will be many, and compounded by the fact that we are a Nation unable to feel other than the now standard, me, me, me.

Tom
12-30-2012, 10:38 AM
Dick Tracy Obama says today that we have good leads on who did it.
The NY Times found the prime suspect sipping strawberry drinks at a posh hotel a couple of days after the murders.

Guess Obama was too busy campaigning to actually do his job.

Greyfox
12-30-2012, 10:42 AM

Yes. Lest we forget that several requests were made for more security by the Benghazi ambassador and the security chief overseeing the operation.

"We understand that there are dangers involved but when you read the report and it confirms what we had already seen based on some of our internal reviews; there was just some sloppiness, not intentional, in terms of how we secure embassies in areas where you essentially don't have governments that have a lot of capacity to protect those embassies."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/50314590

Robert Goren
12-30-2012, 11:03 AM
To tell you the truth, I am a lot more concerned about the 20 dead 6 year olds in Connecticut than I am about what happened in someplace that everybody knows isn't safe. Congress should be looking at that instead of BengGhazi. I know some of the GOP believes that we need more troops everywhere. I think we need less people in unsafe areas overseas. We should have never had a consulate there in the first place. If you want blame Obama, Hilary or whoever for that then I will agree with you. But don't tell me me we need more troops there. I sick of John McCain and his ilk wanting us in every trouble spot in the world. We have too many trouble spots here at home to worry about rather than worrying some place half way around the world that we are not going effect one or the other with or without ambassadors and/or troops.

Tom
12-30-2012, 11:09 AM
With all due respect, Bobby, you don't know half what you think you know. Only one person has our troops anywhere- Obama. Only one person has our diplomats anywhere - Obama.

And the bottom line is he doesn't give a shit about their safety.
The murders mean NOTHING to him.

woodtoo
12-30-2012, 11:15 AM
Are they still sticking with lie #1 that it was a consulate ?
We should all know by now,it was a CIA safe house,never was a consulate.

Greyfox
12-30-2012, 11:30 AM
To tell you the truth, I am a lot more concerned about the 20 dead 6 year olds in Connecticut than I am about what happened in someplace that everybody knows isn't safe..

You're human I guess.

The closer an event is, the more important it is to most people.

There was barely a headline about the 1000 plus deaths and 200,000 people made homeless in the Phillipines a couple of weeks ago due to monster typhoon.

The fact that Ambassador Stevens and several others deaths could have been prevented should be an unsettling concern to every thoughtful adult American.

Robert Goren
12-30-2012, 11:40 AM
With all due respect, Bobby, you don't know half what you think you know. Only one person has our troops anywhere- Obama. Only one person has our diplomats anywhere - Obama.

And the bottom line is he doesn't give a shit about their safety.
The murders mean NOTHING to him.If you saying Obama should recall all diplomats where the local government can't or won't protect them, then I agree. It has always been the job of the host country to protect foreign diplomats. This dates back centuries. Heaven, knows we spend enough money doing that for foreign diplomats station here. If you saying Obama should station a battalion of Marines at every consulate in potentially unsafe area in the world, then I disagree. We don't have, simply put, that many Marines.
The GOP members of the House care a hell lot more about the 4 dead people in Libya than they do about 20 dead kids in Connecticut. They can go forever about what happened in Libya trying to score political points with far right and not upset the NRA. The same can't be said about looking in those kids deaths. That is the bottom line.

Tom
12-30-2012, 12:06 PM
The GOP members of the House care a hell lot more about the 4 dead people in Libya than they do about 20 dead kids in Connecticut.

Not true, and not remotely related.

johnhannibalsmith
12-30-2012, 12:11 PM
... They can go forever about what happened in Libya trying to score political points with far right and not upset the NRA. The same can't be said about looking in those kids deaths. That is the bottom line.

Well, I'm not sure how you can even conflate those two scenarios. There's no alleged coverup as near as I can tell in Connecticut and really no evidence that the school board or state or town or hamlet or whatever allegedly failed to prevent something that may have been preventable. The fact that people died in both scenarios is about the only similarity between the two and the ensuing political blowback in both cases.

OntheRail
12-30-2012, 12:39 PM
Not true, and not remotely related.
The Left can't face the fact that Obama phucked up big time (again)... can't blame it on Bush. So deflect to something they think they can pin on Republicans. Simple fact is Obama's actions and inaction have made the US weaker. When people feel hopeless they act out of desperation and despair.

RG Chicago a bastion of the Left minded has some of the most Draconian gun laws on the books... they have topped 500th homicide (http://www.examiner.com/article/chicago-hits-500-murders-is-corruption-a-cause). Is it the guns fault... no... can't be lack of Federal Giv'Me's... no. It's the lack of HOPE and the absents of Change.

dartman51
12-30-2012, 02:03 PM
If you saying Obama should station a battalion of Marines at every consulate in potentially unsafe area in the world, then I disagree. We don't have, simply put, that many Marines.

I don't know of anyone suggesting that we station a BATTALION of Marines ant ANY consulate or embassy. Twenty well armed Marines, could have prevented this whole mess. Or they could have evacuated the area, as others did. If two former Seals could hold them off for seven hours, just think what twenty well armed Marines could have done. :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
12-30-2012, 02:09 PM
Me thinks Tom hates Obama.

But, i could be wrong. :lol:

boxcar
12-30-2012, 02:20 PM
To tell you the truth, I am a lot more concerned about the 20 dead 6 year olds in Connecticut than I am about what happened in someplace that everybody knows isn't safe. Congress should be looking at that instead of BengGhazi. I know some of the GOP believes that we need more troops everywhere. I think we need less people in unsafe areas overseas. We should have never had a consulate there in the first place. If you want blame Obama, Hilary or whoever for that then I will agree with you. But don't tell me me we need more troops there. I sick of John McCain and his ilk wanting us in every trouble spot in the world. We have too many trouble spots here at home to worry about rather than worrying some place half way around the world that we are not going effect one or the other with or without ambassadors and/or troops.

So, now you're a full-blown, sold-out isolationist, eh?

But I do agree with you that we have too many "trouble spots" here at home. I wouldn't mind the generals sending the troops into D.C. to clean out the infestation in some of those big, fancy, lofty buildings. A Spring cleaning fest sounds good to me. What sayest thou, Robert?

Boxcar

Tom
12-30-2012, 03:20 PM

But, i could be wrong. :lol:

Can you think of anyone more deserving of it?
I hate any low life who tries to destroy our country.

mostpost
12-30-2012, 07:33 PM

You obviously did not hear anything from anyone's mouth, horse or otherwise.
Because if you did you would not make the comment you did. Or, maybe you did hear the whole thing and do not understand context. You also don't understand that there is more than one meaning of the word "just."

You can see the entire statement here. It's the fourth story down.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/daily/daily.asp

Obama said that the State Department's internal investigation identified "Severe problems" with diplomatic security. That is not a statement that would be made by someone minimizing a problem.

Obama said that the State Department would "implement all recommendations" made by the commission. Not the actions of one who is trying to downplay a problem.

Obama said "We are not going to pretend this wasn't a problem, it was a huge problem." That is a direct quote from the interview with David Gregory on Meet The Press. Not a statement that would be made by one who is trying to downplay a problem.

So we have at least three instances wherein Obama clearly acknowledges the serious of the situation. Opposed to that we have your incorrect interpretation of the word "Just." Only is a definition of the word "just." It is not the only one. Look in a print dictionary and you find that just can also indicate an extreme condition- or emphasis. That is clearly what Obama is doing in his remarks.

Tom
12-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Baghdad Bob weighs in.

Facts are facts, mostie - we have 4 dead diplomats and nothing but excuses and dodges, and lies.

Football players PLAY with concussions - the bitch Hillary is dodging the truth that she murdered those people with he totally ignoring their pleas for more protection.

johnhannibalsmith
12-30-2012, 07:50 PM

Obama said that the State Department's internal investigation identified "Severe problems" with diplomatic security. That is not a statement that would be made by someone minimizing a problem.

Obama said that the State Department would "implement all recommendations" made by the commission. Not the actions of one who is trying to downplay a problem.

Obama said "We are not going to pretend this wasn't a problem, it was a huge problem." That is a direct quote from the interview with David Gregory on Meet The Press. Not a statement that would be made by one who is trying to downplay a problem.

So we have at least three instances wherein Obama clearly acknowledges the serious of the situation. ...

Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait just a second...

You finally had me totally convinced that this was manufactured outrage and political posturing by the loony right... and now you are telling me that Obama is on their side???? WTF!!!!

Robert Goren
12-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Baghdad Bob weighs in.

Facts are facts, mostie - we have 4 dead diplomats and nothing but excuses and dodges, and lies.

Football players PLAY with concussions - the bitch Hillary is dodging the truth that she murdered those people with he totally ignoring their pleas for more protection. Facts are facts, Tom, We have 20 dead kids and all we get is platitudes about armed guards in schools and trying making a big deal out something that happen 6 weeks before it they were killed. Beohner and GOP is scared to face up to NRA and actually do something that might stop the plague of mass shootings that are happening in the US right now. It is easier to harp on something that was the responsibility of a host government.

mostpost
12-30-2012, 07:55 PM
Baghdad Bob weighs in.

Football players PLAY with concussions - the bitch Hillary is dodging the truth that she murdered those people with he totally ignoring their pleas for more protection.
Your ignorance truly knows no bounds. You use that stupid Baghdad Bob line because you have no answer for my comments. You don't even know that football players do not play with concussions. You don't know that the Secretary of State does not make decisions on security levels at overseas posts. Those decisions are made several levels below Secretary of State. It would be like Lloyd Beinflein (SP?) approving your auto loan.

Robert Goren
12-30-2012, 07:56 PM
So, now you're a full-blown, sold-out isolationist, eh?

But I do agree with you that we have too many "trouble spots" here at home. I wouldn't mind the generals sending the troops into D.C. to clean out the infestation in some of those big, fancy, lofty buildings. A Spring cleaning fest sounds good to me. What sayest thou, Robert?

BoxcarThe big fancy lofty buildings on Wall Street are bigger threat.

Valuist
12-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Your ignorance truly knows no bounds. You use that stupid Baghdad Bob line because you have no answer for my comments. You don't even know that football players do not play with concussions. You don't know that the Secretary of State does not make decisions on security levels at overseas posts. Those decisions are made several levels below Secretary of State. It would be like Lloyd Beinflein (SP?) approving your auto loan.

Football players NOW don't play with concussions. But they have for over 95% of the years the NFL has been in existence.

BTW, I think you meant Lloyd Blankfein.

johnhannibalsmith
12-30-2012, 09:03 PM
Facts are facts, Tom, We have 20 dead kids and all we get is platitudes about armed guards in schools and trying making a big deal out something that happen 6 weeks before it they were killed. Beohner and GOP is scared to face up to NRA and actually do something that might stop the plague of mass shootings that are happening in the US right now. It is easier to harp on something that was the responsibility of a host government.

Jesse Kriste, is this going to be your fallback to everything in every political discussion, no matter the topic? I'll tell you what, you come with a convincing theory on how Boehner standing up to the NRA will solve the mass shootings somehow and then explain why this wasn't a position of pursual for the last four years by either party, so that I can understand how the deaths in Connecticut are Boehner's fault, and then maybe I'll understand. Without any rationale for how you will "stop the plague of mass shootings" by disbanding the NRA and kicking John Boehner to the curb, this line of "thinking" is little more than comedy.

Tom
12-30-2012, 09:45 PM
Facts are facts, Tom, We have 20 dead kids and all we get is platitudes about armed guards in schools and trying making a big deal out something that happen 6 weeks before it they were killed. Beohner and GOP is scared to face up to NRA and actually do something that might stop the plague of mass shootings that are happening in the US right now. It is easier to harp on something that was the responsibility of a host government.

Will you stick to the topic, for God' sake - the two event have NOTHING in common. Read my frigging lips - NOTHING in common.

You sound as stupid as mostie today.
The lives of American diplomats are NEVER NOT the responsibility of the USA. What kind of dumb-ass talk is that? Libya????? My Gawd man....what the hell are you smoking?

Greyfox
12-30-2012, 10:45 PM
It is easier to harp on something that was the responsibility of a host government.

The host Government was just barely installed and not elected.

The fragility and explosive nature of Libya demanded more than just saying the protection of the ambassador and his staff was "the responsibility of the host government."

The circumstances were such that a clear case of negligence is obvious to anyone with a smidgeon of common sense that far more security should have been in place before Ambassador Stevens or anyone of his staff went there.

Give your head a shake.

Greyfox

Robert Goren
12-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Will you stick to the topic, for God' sake - the two event have NOTHING in common. Read my frigging lips - NOTHING in common.

You sound as stupid as mostie today.
The lives of American diplomats are NEVER NOT the responsibility of the USA. What kind of dumb-ass talk is that? Libya????? My Gawd man....what the hell are you smoking? I have not been smoking anything , but clearly you have because you seem to have completely lost it. You are beginning to sound like Boxcar. It is has been for centuries the responsibility of the host country insure the safety of foreign diplomats. No country including the US is going to allow a small army in borders to protect its diplomats espicially at a lowly consulate. Bush did not send battalions into foreign countries protect our diplomats, neither did Reagan or any other president for that matter. This whole discussion is just more made up garbage by the ultra conservatives in the house to escape doing their duty like do real work on the budget or passing a gun law that might stop some the killing we have seen in recent weeks. You and the people over at Fox News are the only people who aren't tea party politicians or bloggers talking abouts this. They seem determined to destroy the GOP by avoiding the real issues with this garbage. Its like they didn't learn anything from the last election.

Greyfox
12-30-2012, 10:48 PM
It is has been for centuries the responsibility of the host country insure the safety of foreign diplomats. .

There's no saving you from yourself.

The Government of Libya was not around for centuries. Not even years.

Get real. :rolleyes:

Robert Goren
12-30-2012, 10:54 PM
The host Government was just barely installed and not elected.

The fragility and explosive nature of Libya demanded more than just saying the protection of the ambassador and his staff was "the responsibility of the host government."

The circumstances were such that a clear case of negligence is obvious to anyone with a smidgeon of common sense that far more security should have been in place before Ambassador Stevens or anyone of his staff went there.

Give your head a shake.

GreyfoxThis is not first time that a Libyan type situation has happen. No President, republican,democrat or whig has ever sent troops into to protect our diplomats. None, not ever. Take a history or poly sci class and you might learn why.

Greyfox
12-30-2012, 11:05 PM
This is not first time that a Libyan type situation has happen. No President, republican,democrat or whig has ever sent troops into to protect our diplomats. None, not ever. Take a history or poly sci class and you might learn why.

I don't have to go to University to have common sense and I don't give a shit if it was the first time a Libya type situation has happened.
Ambassador Stevens should not have been there without better security. Full stop.

Are you available for my grand-kids birthday party?

We've got a tail, but we seem to have lost the donkey to pin it on.

Robert Goren
12-30-2012, 11:09 PM
The hatred of Obama combined with the loss of the last election which they were sure they going to win has effected the minds of some the posters here. It is so sad to see people who I might not have agreed with, but could at least put a well reasoned argument go completely off the deep end.

Robert Goren
12-30-2012, 11:12 PM
I don't have to go to University to have common sense and I don't give a shit if it was the first time a Libya type situation has happened.
Ambassador Stevens should not have been there without better security. Full stop.

Are you available for my grand-kids birthday party?

We've got a tail, but we seem to have lost the donkey to pin it on. He should not have been there period if the local government could not protect him. That is always the Ambassador's call.

soupan
12-30-2012, 11:14 PM
Baghdad Bob weighs in.

And THANK the LORD JESUS CHRIST, the man who's word our founding fathers based this great republic on, that Osama Bin Laden was found and killed prior to this past Presidential election.
It's common knowledge that the ONLY reason Obama went in and took him out was to score political points for the election he just won.

Word is out that our Ambassador and staff were sacrificed as compensation to Al-Queda by our Muslim-terrorist loving President!

Mission accomplished, right Monkey? :bang:

Greyfox
12-31-2012, 12:20 AM
He should not have been there period if the local government could not protect him. That is always the Ambassador's call.

Yes! :ThmbUp:
You can be reasonable when not trying to defend the undefendable negligence.

PaceAdvantage
12-31-2012, 12:41 AM
To tell you the truth, I am a lot more concerned about the 20 dead 6 year olds in Connecticut than I am about what happened in someplace that everybody knows isn't safe. Congress should be looking at that instead of BengGhazi. I know some of the GOP believes that we need more troops everywhere. I think we need less people in unsafe areas overseas. We should have never had a consulate there in the first place. If you want blame Obama, Hilary or whoever for that then I will agree with you. But don't tell me me we need more troops there. I sick of John McCain and his ilk wanting us in every trouble spot in the world. We have too many trouble spots here at home to worry about rather than worrying some place half way around the world that we are not going effect one or the other with or without ambassadors and/or troops.You have to be ****ING KIDDING ME! Are you serious? Are you for ****ing real?

Newtown was a result of a completely UNPREDICTABLE INSANE ****ER FIRING GUNS FROM HIS MOTHER'S CLOSET.

Benghazi, was a KNOWN TERRORIST STRONGHOLD. MULTIPLE REQUESTS FOR ADDED SECURITY HAD BEEN MADE prior to the MURDER of our Ambassador and a couple of other (apparently expendable) Americans.

And you are more worried about Newtown?

Wow.

But then again, you are a self-confessed "troll" and "button pusher," so I should expect no less from you.

PaceAdvantage
12-31-2012, 12:43 AM

But, i could be wrong. :lol:Me thinks you shouldn't be allowed to use the phrase "Me Thinks."

PaceAdvantage
12-31-2012, 12:47 AM
Facts are facts, Tom, We have 20 dead kids and all we get is platitudes about armed guards in schools and trying making a big deal out something that happen 6 weeks before it they were killed.HOW DARE YOU use these 20 dead innocent children as some sort of political cover for Obama's failure in Benghazi. HOW ****ING DARE YOU!

I couldn't be more outraged and appalled at what you have just done. Using the senseless and random act of shooting defenseless children as a shield to cover for the BLATANT LACK OF SECURITY afforded our diplomats and those protecting them in a place of not only OBVIOUS hostility, but a place where MULTIPLE REQUESTS HAD BEEN made to BOLSTER said security.

Despicable.

PaceAdvantage
12-31-2012, 12:49 AM
The hatred of Obama combined with the loss of the last election which they were sure they going to win has effected the minds of some the posters here. It is so sad to see people who I might not have agreed with, but could at least put a well reasoned argument go completely off the deep end.Yeah, you keep grasping at that stupid line of reasoning.

Nobody hates Obama. We feel sorry for anyone who seems way over their heads in their line of work.

PaceAdvantage
12-31-2012, 12:50 AM
And THANK the LORD JESUS CHRIST, the man who's word our founding fathers based this great republic on, that Osama Bin Laden was found and killed prior to this past Presidential election.
It's common knowledge that the ONLY reason Obama went in and took him out was to score political points for the election he just won.

Word is out that our Ambassador and staff were sacrificed as compensation to Al-Queda by our Muslim-terrorist loving President!

Mission accomplished, right Monkey? :bang:That was ****ing lame.

elysiantraveller
12-31-2012, 01:03 AM
Despicable.

I stayed away from that whole tirade... From when he hit "Post Reply" to when he started typing I have no idea what happened upstairs... :confused:

Some weird butterfly effect going on in the head of RG...

soupan
12-31-2012, 07:49 AM
That was ****ing lame.

Well, do you really think this isn't weighing heavily on Obama's head?

Do you really believe he's happy about this? For whatever the reasons were (and I'm sure there was a series of issues) he has to shoulder the responsibility for this tragedy.
Now the intelligent members of the public KNOW that there is more to this situation then the American people were told about.
You think it's a big cover up. I doubt it.
Probably for security reasons, delicate classified info is being kept from us which might explain why there wasn't more security and certainly why we didn't get our people in faster then we did.
Only the uninformed, uneducated irrational American wants to point at the White House as if this was done purposely.
Would I like full and complete transparency here? Of course.
Will we ever get it? Probably not until it's irrelevant.

But if the right wants to continue to try and score political points with this and things like fast and furious, go right ahead.
It's not working.

JustRalph
12-31-2012, 08:21 AM
All the other countries fled due to security problems.

The staff was begging for more help.

When they called for help, they got none.

What else do we need to know?

HUSKER55
12-31-2012, 08:32 AM
what you need to know is to wait till the problem is irrelevant.

Then it will become clear. In the mean time no one is to be held responsible.

Robert Goren
12-31-2012, 09:02 AM
You have to be ****ING KIDDING ME! Are you serious? Are you for ****ing real?

Newtown was a result of a completely UNPREDICTABLE INSANE ****ER FIRING GUNS FROM HIS MOTHER'S CLOSET.

Benghazi, was a KNOWN TERRORIST STRONGHOLD. MULTIPLE REQUESTS FOR ADDED SECURITY HAD BEEN MADE prior to the MURDER of our Ambassador and a couple of other (apparently expendable) Americans.

And you are more worried about Newtown?

Wow.

But then again, you are a self-confessed "troll" and "button pusher," so I should expect no less from you. The only thing unpredictable about Newtown was where it going and when it going to happen. It is going happen again, but nobody knows which school,mall, theater or burning house or where ever and exactly when, but we know it won't be too long..... I am more worried a lot about that and it hard to believe that you have became so callous that you aren't too.
If Benghazi was a Known Terrorist Stronghold, Why was our Ambassador there? It wasn't even an Embassy, it was a consulate. Why was there even a consulate there? Those are legitimate questions? But the GOP posters aren't asking them. They don't want answers to them. They don't want answers to anything. They just want to make a big deal out of deadly mistake made an Ambassador and try to turn into some thing to use against Obama who likely didn't know what was happening there until after the Ambassador was dead. This happened before the election and still the American people had the good sense to re-elect Obama over that loser you guys ran. That is what is killing you and you are showing.
It is past time to tackle one of the real problems of this country like the proliferation of mass murders of people(in most cases strangers to the killers) in this country by nuts with guns. 6 times more people were killed at Newtown than at Benghazi and GOP have shown they don't give a damn about them or the people who will be killed at the next mass murder. No house committees for them asking questions for them.

soupan
12-31-2012, 09:08 AM
All the other countries fled due to security problems.

The staff was begging for more help.

When they called for help, they got none.

What else do we need to know?

And you've seen all the documentation?

And you were at all the CIA and military intelligence meetings prior to this event?

Since you think you can figure out all the classified information that exists relating to each dangerous location around the globe, why are you typing on a horse racing site and not advising at the Pentagon on what to and what not to do??

There was a reason why this had a bad ending and why at the time it occurred, we didn't covertly respond.
Now it may very well be that our military and intelligence advisers blundered and Obama as commander in chief will take the blame.
But as I posted, Americans will view this one of two ways, in most cases depending on their party lines and their intellect. Just like fast and furious.

Your statement proves my point, on both counts.

Tom
12-31-2012, 09:10 AM

You had a point?

fast4522
12-31-2012, 09:15 AM
The fact is just a dozen United States Marines would have slaughtered the attackers but the fallout was not what the administration wanted to deal with in the Arab world. There are bean counters inside the White House just like everyplace else, protecting our people was not job one but some other end game as it always is.

Robert Goren
12-31-2012, 09:26 AM
The fact is just a dozen United States Marines would have slaughtered the attackers but the fallout was not what the administration wanted to deal with in the Arab world. There are bean counters inside the White House just like everyplace else, protecting our people was not job one but some other end game as it always is. That the kind of thinking led to 8 years of war in Iraq. The gunho war hawks like you are always overestimate how easy any military actions is going to be and how few brave soldiers are going be killed or injured or killed carrying it out.

Tom
12-31-2012, 09:31 AM
Still not sure where you are today, huh?

elysiantraveller
12-31-2012, 09:38 AM
That the kind of thinking led to 8 years of war in Iraq. The gunho war hawks like you are always overestimate how easy any military actions is going to be and how few brave soldiers are going be killed or injured or killed carrying it out.

What are you talking about?...

The ambassador was killed because people were able to literally walk up to the consulate walls and douse it in diesel fuel...

soupan
12-31-2012, 09:40 AM
The fact is just a dozen United States Marines would have slaughtered the attackers but the fallout was not what the administration wanted to deal with in the Arab world. There are bean counters inside the White House just like everyplace else, protecting our people was not job one but some other end game as it always is.

Your self proclaimed "fact" is highly un-factual and mostly opinion.

Besides, if I were a Military General and that was the explanation given to me by my superior, the President of the United States, there would be hell to pay.

We'll see if there's "hell to pay".

Robert Goren
12-31-2012, 09:53 AM
What are you talking about?...

The ambassador was killed because people were able to literally walk up to the consulate walls and douse it in diesel fuel...If that is true, why was he there?

Saratoga_Mike
12-31-2012, 09:55 AM
If that is true, why was he there?

Who put him there?

Robert Goren
12-31-2012, 10:09 AM
Who put him there?That is a legit question, but it is not being asked by the the GOP or by Fox News or anybody else. You are first person I have seen ask it. Did sonebody send him? Or did he go on his own? The fact nobody on right is asking that question says that they playing for political purposes. Even If they get reason for why there was not any troops there although I am sure they already, there is laws they can pass to address the problem.
I want congress to address problems where they can actually take actions to prevent from happening again and again.

fast4522
12-31-2012, 10:30 AM
When Washington is not playing politics and the order is kill them all, you would be surprised just easy the outcome can be. Just one drop of American blood is more precious than hundreds of those savages lives, and when this becomes reality again is when you can enjoy your precious do nothing existence.

elysiantraveller
12-31-2012, 10:32 AM
If that is true, why was he there?

I'm not sure how its relevant... It's not like he was killed in some seedy back alley whorehouse. He was killed inside the walls of a building owned by the United States Federal Government.

He had asked for a security detachment and those requests weren't acted upon when they should actually be SOP. Furthermore why weren't any relief assets used in a attack that lasted HOURS?

This was a botch up from the start and heads need to roll for it.

Saratoga_Mike
12-31-2012, 10:35 AM
That is a legit question, but it is not being asked by the the GOP or by Fox News or anybody else. You are first person I have seen ask it. Did sonebody send him? Or did he go on his own? The fact nobody on right is asking that question says that they playing for political purposes. Even If they get reason for why there was not any troops there although I am sure they already, there is laws they can pass to address the problem.
I want congress to address problems where they can actually take actions to prevent from happening again and again.

The question was rhetorical. The Obama White House was the answer.

Tom
12-31-2012, 10:48 AM
Some one buy Bobby a newspaper.

Robert Goren
12-31-2012, 10:50 AM
The question was rhetorical. The Obama White House was the answer.So you think the White House Controls the daily movements of all of our Ambassadors. You have lost it. They may have sent him or they may have not. That is a legit question. So why did not the Libya provide protect that they are suppose provide to all Ambassadors? That is legit question, too. But those question aren't being asked. Just political garbage being thrown at Obama is all that is happening.
In the mean time, we are scared to turn on the news because we are scared that we hear of other mass murder which Congress is scared to even look at.

Robert Goren
12-31-2012, 11:17 AM
We have had mass murders in Colorado, Michigan, Connecticut and other places inside the USA totaling over a hundred in the last year , but deaths is not worthy of congress to look at especially when there is politics to play over 4 death in a war torn area that they should not at in the first place. Conservatives don't care about people murdered do things and going places where they should be safe right here in the USA like schools, theaters, mall, places of worship or going to put out a fire. You are sad bunch who have got your priorties screwed up. Over hundred vrs 4 and you care a lot more about the 4. How sad!

Greyfox
12-31-2012, 11:27 AM
We have had mass murders in Colorado, Michigan, Connecticut and other places inside the USA totaling over a hundred in the last year , but deaths is not worthy of congress to look at especially when there is politics to play over 4 death in a war torn area that they should not at in the first place. Conservatives don't care about people murdered do things and going places where they should be safe right here in the USA like schools, theaters, mall, places of worship or going to put out a fire. You are sad bunch who have got your priorties screwed up. Over hundred vrs 4 and you care a lot more about the 4. How sad!

What a distortion.

Of course most everyone here cares about the mass shootings in those States.

Biden is leading a committee to report back in January what might be done about them.

The last time I looked though, this thread was specifically about Benghazi.

Your conclusion above is erroneous and represents a wild distortion of most peoples thoughts.

johnhannibalsmith
12-31-2012, 11:42 AM
... Over hundred vrs 4 and you care a lot more about the 4. How sad!

I'll pay you top dollar for whatever it is you get filled at the pharmacy. You still haven't made even a minor attempt at suggesting what it is that disbanding the NRA and imprisoning Boehner would do to prevent mass murders. Oh yeah, that's right, you think the end solution is to ban "assault style weapons". That'll make it stop. Curse that Boehner and conservatives for not thinking of that one while you had all the answers all along. If we put you in charge of solving these problems because you care so deeply about deaths in America compared to conservatives, I have no doubt you and these big brained views of problems could put pen to paper and git r dun in a flash.

Truth is, you have no solution. Nobody does. But you can pretend, like Mayor Bloombag and our esteemed Ms. Feinstein, that if you dream up anything at all no matter how ineffective it would actually be, that you must be doing something productive. Pat yourself on the back all you want for deluding yourself into thinking that you care more than others. You don't. You, like the rest of them, just want to talk about how much more you care. Actually doing something is the least of your worries.

Robert Goren
12-31-2012, 11:43 AM
What a distortion.

Of course most everyone here cares about the mass shootings in those States.

Biden is leading a committee to report back in January what might be done about them.

The last time I looked though, this thread was specifically about Benghazi.

Your conclusion above is erroneous and represents a wild distortion of most peoples thoughts. The Colorado mass shooting happened 4 months before Benghazi, but there are no congressial hearings on it. Why is that?Answer. They can't find a way to blame Obama.

johnhannibalsmith
12-31-2012, 11:47 AM
The Colorado mass shooting happened 4 months before Benghazi, but there are no congressial hearings on it. Why is that?...

You are clueless. Please stop. Why aren't there Congressional hearings into a domestic crime in which there is no alleged misconduct and/or alleged shortcomings in national protocol over a theatre shooting? Are you for real with these analogies? Why don't we have Congressional hearings over the people that all got shot in Chicago in the last few months if your "blame Obama" gibberish had any merit whatsoever?

You are so far out on a limb in trying to make some logical connection between these two things that I can't believe you just continue along, dead leaf by dead leaf.

Tom
12-31-2012, 12:13 PM
Wow.
Amazing to watch a genuine conniption fit live!
I always thought it would be hcap who melted down in front of us.

fast4522
12-31-2012, 12:52 PM
Selective breeding can have many a result.

JustRalph
12-31-2012, 04:26 PM
Sell that super secret crap somewhere else. Other countries got it right. They left. If there was some super secret reason for us to stay, then why didn't we protect it?

It's negligence plain and simple. They got caught with their pants down whether they had a reason to be there or not.

And you've seen all the documentation?

And you were at all the CIA and military intelligence meetings prior to this event?

Since you think you can figure out all the classified information that exists relating to each dangerous location around the globe, why are you typing on a horse racing site and not advising at the Pentagon on what to and what not to do??

There was a reason why this had a bad ending and why at the time it occurred, we didn't covertly respond.
Now it may very well be that our military and intelligence advisers blundered and Obama as commander in chief will take the blame.
But as I posted, Americans will view this one of two ways, in most cases depending on their party lines and their intellect. Just like fast and furious.

Tom
12-31-2012, 07:05 PM
Report out today.
That is why Dumbo is making speeches and pretending he suddenly gives a crap about the fiscal cliff.

Robert Goren
12-31-2012, 07:14 PM
You are clueless. Please stop. Why aren't there Congressional hearings into a domestic crime in which there is no alleged misconduct and/or alleged shortcomings in national protocol over a theatre shooting? Are you for real with these analogies? Why don't we have Congressional hearings over the people that all got shot in Chicago in the last few months if your "blame Obama" gibberish had any merit whatsoever?

You are so far out on a limb in trying to make some logical connection between these two things that I can't believe you just continue along, dead leaf by dead leaf.In the past congress has investigated everything from communists in Hollywood to the Malifa and almost everything in between. Maybe they should look into the people shot in Chicago. It makes more sense than what they are doing now.

johnhannibalsmith
12-31-2012, 07:23 PM
In the past congress has investigated everything from communists in Hollywood to the Malifa and almost everything in between. Maybe they should look into the people shot in Chicago. It makes more sense than what they are doing now.

:D

Okay, I'm convinced.

JustRalph
12-31-2012, 08:06 PM
In the past congress has investigated everything from communists in Hollywood to the Malifa and almost everything in between. Maybe they should look into the people shot in Chicago. It makes more sense than what they are doing now.

What's to look into? You cannot solve crimes in the black community. They refuse to cooperate. It's the same in every big city in America. I have personally faced it. As recently as 2009 I saw the same thing I saw in the 90’s. no witnesses, no prosecutions. Only the easy cases get solved. The ones that leave too much evidence etc. those caught with evidence or a crime so outrageous that the community turns on the perp. It happens, but rarely.

It's a cultural problem. Not a crime problem.

PaceAdvantage
12-31-2012, 08:57 PM
Well, do you really think this isn't weighing heavily on Obama's head?

Do you really believe he's happy about this? For whatever the reasons were (and I'm sure there was a series of issues) he has to shoulder the responsibility for this tragedy.
Now the intelligent members of the public KNOW that there is more to this situation then the American people were told about.
You think it's a big cover up. I doubt it.
Probably for security reasons, delicate classified info is being kept from us which might explain why there wasn't more security and certainly why we didn't get our people in faster then we did.
Only the uninformed, uneducated irrational American wants to point at the White House as if this was done purposely.
Would I like full and complete transparency here? Of course.
Will we ever get it? Probably not until it's irrelevant.

But if the right wants to continue to try and score political points with this and things like fast and furious, go right ahead.
It's not working.If there's any cover up, it's to cover up Obama's and his State Department's failures. Nothing more, nothing less.

Done purposely? What was done purposely? They purposely allowed these American deaths? Nobody has claimed such a thing. I'm sure I'm reading you wrong there, as even you wouldn't be ignorant enough to claim those on the right think Obama LET something like this happen on purpose.

PaceAdvantage
12-31-2012, 09:03 PM
I am more worried a lot about that and it hard to believe that you have became so callous that you aren't too.Don't be an ass. You can be a troll. Just don't be an ass.If Benghazi was a Known Terrorist Stronghold, Why was our Ambassador there? It wasn't even an Embassy, it was a consulate. Why was there even a consulate there? Those are legitimate questions? But the GOP posters aren't asking them. They don't want answers to them. They don't want answers to anything.Well, I can think of a few reasons. One of them being that the Obama Administration wanted to present this as a success story. Taking Quadafi out..."freeing" Libya...

Now, running away and hiding, and not having an Embassy or Consulate...that would kind of be admitting failure, would it not? And so would fortifying said Embassy or Consulate. Maybe THAT'S why there wasn't enough protection. Obama wouldn't want it to look like we didn't know what we were doing, now would he? If Libya is a success story, why would he have to fortify our consulate/Embassy beyond ordinary means? Might give him some negative ratings in the media circle-jerk category. Then again, probably not.This happened before the election and still the American people had the good sense to re-elect Obama over that loser you guys ran. That is what is killing you and you are showing.It's not killing me. I'll be fine. But it will probably kill the country just a little bit more. Fiscal cliff, here we come. I know, I know, it's all the Republicans fault. You remember the Republicans? They're those POWERLESS folks...you keep telling me so...they're powerless...the American people said no to them...they're the dying party...yet they seem to have SO MUCH POWER over Democrats...why is that? :lol: :bang:

NJ Stinks
12-31-2012, 09:18 PM
Don't be an ass. You can be a troll. Just don't be an ass.Well, I can think of a few reasons. One of them being that the Obama Administration wanted to present this as a success story. Taking Quadafi out..."freeing" Libya...

Now, running away and hiding, and not having an Embassy or Consulate...that would kind of be admitting failure, would it not? And so would fortifying said Embassy or Consulate. Maybe THAT'S why there wasn't enough protection. Obama wouldn't want it to look like we didn't know what we were doing, now would he? If Libya is a success story, why would he have to fortify our consulate/Embassy beyond ordinary means? Might give him some negative ratings in the media circle-jerk category. Then again, probably not.It's not killing me. I'll be fine. But it will probably kill the country just a little bit more. Fiscal cliff, here we come. I know, I know, it's all the Republicans fault. You remember the Republicans? They're those POWERLESS folks...you keep telling me so...they're powerless...the American people said no to them...they're the dying party...yet they seem to have SO MUCH POWER over Democrats...why is that? :lol: :bang:

Gerrymandering.

PaceAdvantage
12-31-2012, 09:25 PM
Gerrymandering.You guys have an excuse for everything.

When will you ever OWN it?