PDA

View Full Version : Ah..the pugs got more power over the American people..guess it's a good idea NOW!

sammy the sage
12-29-2012, 09:35 AM
http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/technolog/senate-renews-warrantless-surveillance-act-1C7753034

So THE "crat" controlled senate...said yes, yes, yes...

Goes in line w/the super computer coming to bear sometime in 2013...the show "Person of Interest" not so far fetched in a manner of speaking.

fast4522
12-29-2012, 09:53 AM
What you fail to mention about the law is that the President has control over how the government uses the data it collects. Under the Bush administration all data collected that was not deemed terrorist activities was destroyed. All data under this administration is saved and sorted to other Federal agency's. 1984 the movie comes to life.

Robert Goren
12-29-2012, 10:01 AM
What you fail to mention about the law is that the President has control over how the government uses the data it collects. Under the Bush administration all data collected that was not deemed non terrorist activities was destroyed. All data under this administration is saved and sorted to other Federal agency's. 1984 the movie comes to life. Do you really believe that? The government never destroys anything. They may not look at it, but you can bet your last dollar, it is saved someplace. Now they may lose track of it, but that is another story.

fast4522
12-29-2012, 10:13 AM
What I do believe is that you make more bets than the average gambler and wear the L proudly. The facts can be found by anyone with the freedom of information act, every President signs directives every year and in Bush's it was deletion of such data. To further say that the Utah data center was not in place at the time and the cost to store non terrorist activities was not a priority of the Bush administration.

sammy the sage
12-29-2012, 10:27 AM
What I do believe is that you make more bets than the average gambler and wear the L proudly. The facts can be found by anyone with the freedom of information act, every President signs directives every year and in Bush's it was deletion of such data. To further say that the Utah data center was not in place at the time and the cost to store non terrorist activities was not a priority of the Bush administration.

Really :rolleyes:

Wonder who AUTHORIZED the start of THE Utah center :faint:

By the way...your boy also authorized THE use of American troops ON American soil...the current adminstration will PROBABLY find that handy at some point down the road...

Two peas in a pod :(

HUSKER55
12-29-2012, 10:32 AM
I am having a tuff time imagining the FBI, CIA or whatever having the interest in anybody's emails and etc UNLESS they were a person of interest. They can check mine. It will bore them to tears.... :D

fast4522
12-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Sammy,
I understand you, and have talked to many who share your beliefs. At least these people could hold a conversation intelligently. However I am not a person who hates government, I am someone who takes sides and while you do not agree with that last point you do understand it.

Robert Goren
12-29-2012, 10:37 AM
What I do believe is that you make more bets than the average gambler and wear the L proudly. The facts can be found by anyone with the freedom of information act, every President signs directives every year and in Bush's it was deletion of such data. To further say that the Utah data center was not in place at the time and the cost to store non terrorist activities was not a priority of the Bush administration.You are assuming that agencies like the Homeland security and the CIA does what the presidents tells it to do. Have learned nothing from what J. Edgar Hoover and the FBI did during his reign. Do you really believe anything has changed? Even if the government doesn't have it and that is a mighty big if, everything you do is scattered in a bunch of private data bases from Walmart to your cable company just waiting for the government to ask for it. The days of having a secret from the government or anybody else for that matter ended a long time ago. Somebody is tracking your every move from traffic cameras to retailer data bases to internet providers. It is all there, if somebody wants to look for it.

Robert Goren
12-29-2012, 10:49 AM
I am having a tuff time imagining the FBI, CIA or whatever having the interest in anybody's emails and etc UNLESS they were a person of interest. They can check mine. It will bore them to tears.... :DJust because you are boring and nobody wants to look at your files, doesn't mean the files don't exist. If you set off some red flag, somebody will look assuming they find them among all the clutter. I found civil war records on some of my relatives. I found a person with my last name, Tunks, who owned land in what is now Virgina in the 1740s before there was even a United States. Think what they can do now that they have computers to record everything.

fast4522
12-29-2012, 11:07 AM
What you both miss the point is that the President directs the Federal Government, the CIA, NSA, Homeland, or any other agency is under the respective directors of those agency's who report to and serve at the pleasure of the President. Under George W. Bush we as a country did not pay dues to the United Nations, do you think George W. Bush would go to Copenhagen to rub elbows with those carbon tax freaks? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The point is the buck does stop with the President, so Bobby freak on boy.