PDA

View Full Version : We get a RAISE...whilst ya'll eat cake!

sammy the sage
12-28-2012, 06:33 PM
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-orders-raise-biden-members-congress-federal-workers_692223.html?nopager=1

Those that GOVERN us get THE raise...regardless of party...(much like THE health care issue...they GOT theirs...and it's TOTALLY different from what we GET TO swallow)..

When will ya'll UNDERSTAND...what party don't mean DAMN THING...they GOT all THE entitlements...

But they're SUPPOSED to SERVE us......... :faint: :rolleyes: :bang: :mad:

TJDave
12-28-2012, 06:54 PM
So remind me...What exactly are we supposed to be complaining about?

Is there some specific entitlement you haven't gotten?

Or maybe you're upset because you haven't had to pay for them? ;)

fast4522
12-28-2012, 07:55 PM
Like it is so deserved. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Striker
12-28-2012, 10:23 PM
A raise of .5-1% of a salary over the last 3 years is jaw dropping.

Overlay
12-29-2012, 07:59 AM
A raise of .5-1% of a salary over the last 3 years is jaw dropping.
Thank you for lending some perspective to the situation. The Executive, Congressional, and judicial salaries mentioned in the article are always quoted in written commentaries like that with an intent to outrage or inflame, but the salaries of the overwhelming majority of Federal workers are governed by the general schedule pay scale, which is far more modest. In addition, in my particular case, 2011-2013 has constituted the three-year period on which my "high-three" average salary is figured, for purposes of calculating my post-retirement pension. I'm willing to do my share toward the restoration of fiscal discipline, but to have received only a single 0.5% cost-of-living adjustment over that three-year period has been a case of particularly bad timing.

Robert Goren
12-29-2012, 08:35 AM
I remember some newly elected Tea Party republicans in 2010 bitching about they could not get federal health insurance until they were sworn in when they ran against Obama Care. It is a crazy world in D.C. As soon as a congressman is elected, they want theirs right now and that applies to both political parties, liberal or conservative. It doesn't matter. When it comes to cuts in the Federal Budget, you never hear about cuts to congress's budget from a congressman's or a senator's mouth. Not even token cut just to show they are doing their part. Nothing from either Boehner or Reid.

sammy the sage
12-29-2012, 08:37 AM
So remind me...What exactly are we supposed to be complaining about?

Is there some specific entitlement you haven't gotten?

Or maybe you're upset because you haven't had to pay for them? ;)

You need TO GO back to reading comprehension class 101... :faint: .... :rolleyes:

Been posting here 11+ years now...find me ONE time where I said I was entitled too anything...

Of course whilst doing that you'll find out that I've been wrong about some things thru the years :lol: ...unrelated to THIS topic :bang:

ArlJim78
12-29-2012, 08:44 AM
looks like a pay raise to a group of mostly millionaires at a time when the cumulative weight of their policy failures is about to deal the economy another crushing blow. regardless of the amount the timing is bad.