PDA

View Full Version : Jim Miller leaving Hawthorne after Sunday

Al Gobbi
12-28-2012, 01:22 PM
he will be working for Midwest T-Breds according to the Chicago Daily Herald.

cj
12-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Who is Jim Miller?

duncan04
12-28-2012, 03:40 PM
Who is Jim Miller?

Assistant General Manager of Hawthorne. Also paddock host and m/l odds maker

cj
12-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Assistant General Manager of Hawthorne. Also paddock host and m/l odds maker

Thanks, I'd heard the name but I don't pay attention to much audio outside the race calls.

rrpic6
12-28-2012, 09:17 PM
Who is Jim Miller?

Another washed up ex minor league baseball player. Except the Browns did not make him their Number One draft Choice to play Quarterback this year.

RR

Shelby
12-28-2012, 09:29 PM
Another washed up ex minor league baseball player. Except the Browns did not make him their Number One draft Choice to play Quarterback this year.

RR

Ouch.

From what I've seen and listened to, Jim Miller is spot on his picks and making the lines at Hawthorne. In my opinion, he's good at what he does and I'm sad to see him go. I wish him the best of luck at MWTB.

JustRalph
12-28-2012, 09:55 PM
Midwest? Where have I heard that name?

What's he going to do there?

illinoisbred
12-28-2012, 09:59 PM
Jim Miller has been a tremendous asset for Hawthorne. A man of many tasks and it will be difficult to find a suitable replacement. Wish him the best of luck in his new endeavors for Midwest Thoroughbreds.

Steve 'StatMan'
12-28-2012, 10:00 PM
Jim Miller (no relation) has been the man in charge of seemingly every operational department at Hawthorne EXCEPT for racing officials, stewards, perhaps head of the TV department, head chef, and being a Carey Family Member. I have always been amazed, and a little worried for him and family, of all the things I heard or read he was in charge of, it was so much. And sometimes, when he wasn't fully busy with all that, he would sometimes be a jockey agent at Arlington.

I think he handled the TV duties and one of 2 website handicappers, publicity, operations (that's a lot), managed turf course. Not sure if made M/L last few years.

Striker
12-28-2012, 10:16 PM
Midwest? Where have I heard that name?

What's he going to do there?
His public quotes about what he is going to be doing were pretty vague. "I'm going to work with Richard to learn the inner workings of their operation and what it takes to continue their success." Jim Miller also owned a few horses in partnership up here in Chicago. This is a huge loss for Hawthorne.

mannyberrios
12-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Yeah, this quy is pretty good

Valuist
12-31-2012, 06:22 PM
If he is going to assist in the claim process, look for them to start claiming deep closers. In his handicapping, it seems his selections are heavily tilted toward off the pace horses.